Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

@Lost River, I’m pretty sure I was just looking through that same optic on a tube-fed Marlin carbine, yesterday.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I picked up a Ruger 22/45 Lite for my kid's trainer handgun YESTERDAY. Looking at this, I can see one in the future, after they've been on the market a year or three and the generations are worked out. Could be a perfect LE training gun for new shooters - get the fundamentals right with no recoil/blast (flinch inducers) on a platform that exactly mirrors their to-be duty weapon.

Oh, and because I haven't seen it yet - what, no MOS version? No threaded barrel?
    Thinking about getting one of those myself.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Most of you guys know more than me about hand guns, whats the point of a 10 round mag in this gun?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    Most of you guys know more than me about hand guns, whats the point of a 10 round mag in this gun?
    IMO 10 rounds is the magic number of rounds in a magazine to be legal in most ban states.
    Also it might be that the .22 in a rimmed case and 10 rounds staggers nicely in a mag?

22 LR has a pronounced rim, so it doesn't tend to double-stack well. Hence the reason most .22 magazines are single stack or rotary. I'm sure Glock could have squeezed a couple more rounds into this, but then they'd have issues with ban states - not worth the hassle, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

And @cheby, I agree that it’s boring. .22s are boring, and always will be.
    I find rimfires to be fun and offer a greater challenge to hunting than traditional centerfire rifles, pistols and shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Someone will come out with a 30-round mag for this within a year.

I’ll definitely buy one of these, and will wait with bated breath to see a 22 LR on the G43 frame.

Okie John
    i am not convinced that it will be a reliable magazine. The rimmed .22 LR case is problematic for double-stack magazines. The only magazine that contains more than twelve rounds and is reliable is the Kel-Tec CP33, and loading that magazine is problematic at best. It is clear plastic just so the user can insure it is being loaded correctly and has openings to push rounds into and out of position. If loaded properly, the pistol is reliable. If not, it does not feed. I would not want to load one at the range.

The fifteen-round Tactical Solutions magazines with the Advantage Arms Glock conversion are also finicky. CCI 40-grain polymer-coated rounds run well, but 38-grain CCI Blazer does not. The ten-round Advantage Arms are pretty reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have two Mark3s and some other steel .22s. The Rugers are the best of the bunch. But even after cleaning, lubing, tuning and voodoo magic, they still are unreliable. It’s just fine because that’s what they are. But Glocks should be 99.99%.

I’m just not into lightweight toy guns that shoot bullets. So maybe that’s why I’m disappointed.
    I have Ruger Standard pattern pistols from the original Standard to the Mark III. In my experience, any feeding issues are the result of the magazine follower or a bad magazine spring. I have a 1951 Standard that is as reliable as any Glock of my experience.
    Last edited by farscott; 12-10-2019 at 02:45 PM.

If Glock comes out with another Teaser saying something is coming that is Big and Legendary, I should except a Glock pellet (BB) handgun!
    Last edited by Center Shot; 12-10-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Some are happy some not, I was hoping for this very thing.

There will likely be an MOS version later in 2020.

So I'm going to wait on buying one. If an MOS version with a threaded barrel doesn't ever come out. I'll buy a normal 44.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List