Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Eliminated the need for a conversion kit? I'd rather just have a dedicated rimfire gun then a conversion, personally.

Perhaps a "more realistic" Glock trigger? Time will tell on that, I suppose.
    Plausible.

The one thing that really turns me off of the G44 is the "hybrid" plastic/metal slide (I am assuming it's steel, not the brittle, less durable Zamak alloy).

I've got a 17 frame that I purchased a couple of years ago that I have dedicated (though not in the way you meant) to a Tactical Solutions kit, but I can see the attraction to a dedicated design, too.

It'll be interesting to see how the new gun's trigger works for those seeking the feel offered by the Glock safe-action design. Hoping that it works for those who want it.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

It’s worth quoting this post, for anyone who missed it. The linked article actually covers things pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Says here it runs like a scalded ape.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-44-22lr/

Weight (no mag): 12.63 oz / 358 gr
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I’ve never owned a .22 and haven’t shot one since Boy Scouts.

What’s the go-to cheap .22 ammunition for a semi-auto pistol? I gather there’s a lot of variance in quality. What do folks go with for their M&P22s or SR22s?

624 posts and we complain about the marketing chosen

I think this is pretty damn exciting. Its a whole new direction from a company historically primarily focused on LE/Mil sales. As a trainer, plinker, kit gun its going to be a winner.

And basing it on the form factor of what is orobably the biggest selling single model pistol in the world is pretty logical.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    624 posts and we complain about the marketing chosen

I think this is pretty damn exciting. Its a whole new direction from a company historically primarily focused on LE/Mil sales. As a trainer, plinker, kit gun its going to be a winner.

And basing it on the form factor of what is orobably the biggest selling single model pistol in the world is pretty logical.
    I'm already thinking about all the fun I can have with it from my deck. But I'll wait for reviews before I invest.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

What’s the go-to cheap .22 ammunition for a semi-auto pistol? I gather there’s a lot of variance in quality. What do folks go with for their M&P22s or SR22s?
    Do you want your semi-auto .22 to stoppage? Because that's how you get your semi-auto .22 to stoppage.
    Last edited by echo5charlie; 12-10-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It’s worth quoting this post, for anyone who missed it. The linked article actually covers things pretty well.
    That's a feat for TFB in and of itself.

Boring.

Glock-Something big is coming December 10

The Firearm Blog post made this look a lot better than I thought.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-44-22lr/

The mags look good. Easy detail stripping is especially important for dirty .22 ammo. And sight compatibility also looks very good.

Maybe this will actually be a good gun?

I’m ready to eat crow and maybe buy one. If it’s reliable, it could be a great gun for teaching new shooters.

(I assumed it was another M&P 22 type gun, and it looks like I was wrong).

And @cheby, I agree that it’s boring. .22s are boring, and always will be.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-10-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

Start with CCI mini-mags, and go from there. Stay away from uncoated lead in little cardboard boxes. @echo5charlie is right about stoppages (and dirty guns). Go ahead and spring for the spendy copper or poly coated name brand stuff in 100-round sleeves—it’s still 1/4 the price of cheap 9mm.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List