Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

If they do one in 17 size, and that gun fits holsters for the 47, I might buy one... and that isn’t certain.

46 or a carbine... would buy for sure.

@RevolverRob

My Smith M&P.22c has run with damn near everything. That might be an option for you. That being said, it has broken the safety, rear sight self destructed twice, and the trigger dingus needed reprofiled. I have about 4k through it suppressed and have yet to clean it. I look forward to round counts on these G44s.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Real Talk from RR for a minute:

Is Glock going to ship these with multiple RSAs?

I've never met a .22LR pistol that did not need recoil spring tuning to run reliably between different types of ammo, at least three recoil springs/RSAs should come with a G44, one for subsonic, one for standard, and one for high velocities. Anything less and I foresee a massive number of complaints, "Mah new Glock is unreliable! Glock is supposed to build the most reliable guns on the planet!"
    For what it's worth, my Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Kit is extremely reliable for a .22 (far moreso then my 10/22.)

-CCI Mini's
    -Federal 525 Bulk Packs
    -Armscor super cheap and dirty 3rd tier .22

I’m amazed how many firearms enthusiasts don’t own rimfire guns. I’m also amazed how many don’t hunt either. Maybe that’s the common denominator.

Real Talk from RR for a minute:

Is Glock going to ship these with multiple RSAs?

I've never met a .22LR pistol that did not need recoil spring tuning to run reliably between different types of ammo, at least three recoil springs/RSAs should come with a G44, one for subsonic, one for standard, and one for high velocities. Anything less and I foresee a massive number of complaints, "Mah new Glock is unreliable! Glock is supposed to build the most reliable guns on the planet!"
    Does anyone ship their .22 pistols with 3 recoil assemblies?

Site Supporter
    I enjoy shooting .22s, but I do not enjoy shooting Glocks. I doubt very much I will enjoy shooting a Glock .22. Reliability and .22LR "bulk" don't go in the same sentence together. .22LR "match" and reliability tend to go together much better, but still not 100%. If you want a 100% reliable .22LR handgun, buy a Ruger SP101.

I like shooting steel with .22s, but I just assume the gun is gonna have 2-3 malfunctions for every 150 rounds I put through it. The cleaner the gun is, the wetter the gun is, the better quality the ammo is, and the better quality the magazines are, the longer it goes, but eventually, you end up with a malfunction. I've never made it through a brick of ammo without a malfunction in any auto-loading .22 I've ever owned be it rifle or pistol.

The one .22LR handgun I've never owned is a 1911-22 conversion. I want either a genuine Colt ACE or a Marvel Precision .22 conversion. The Marvel-built guns I observed when shooting Bullseye were among the most reliable rimfire handguns I've ever seen and exceptionally accurate. Two things that appeal to me.
    I wonder how many of the malfunctions are due to the low standards for much of the .22 LR ammo currently on the market? In the middle 2000's, across a couple of years of practice and league bullseye shooting, I went through a case (5,000 rounds) of CCI standard without a malfunction or alibi in a Hammerli 208s. Other people with "good" ammo had occasional to lots of alibis, and I just kept chugging along. I cleaned every 1,000-1,500 rounds, when I could feel the cycling was slowing down. This is an exceptional pistol, but to never have a misfire due to priming irregularities in 5,000 rounds would be hard to imagine today, with or without premium ammo. The standards for today's "normal" rimfire ammo are so much lower that comparison is not possible. I don't expect 2-3 malfunctions for every 150 rounds with my Ruger MKII either, but I never had a malfunction-free run like I did with the Hammerli.

Besides the reliability of the 208s, it would shoot under an inch for 10 shots at 50 yards (not a typo) with CCI standard. The Ruger MKII Govt SS was 1.25". That was me shooting off a rest with Ultradots. I am no longer skilled enough to replicate those groups... I imagine a better shooter could have gone under 3/4" with that ammo, and smaller with premium ammo. You should try a 208/208s if you like reliability and accuracy.

I suck at shooting Glocks. Now I can suck at shooting Glocks with cheaper ammo.

I’ll definitely buy one. My daughters and 70 year old mother will love it. I’m going to try to make myself wait until summer to buy one. Glock should have the early bugs worked out by then. I’m open to someone sponsoring me for a 50k round test of one.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    I’ve never owned a .22 and haven’t shot one since Boy Scouts.

What’s the go-to cheap .22 ammunition for a semi-auto pistol? I gather there’s a lot of variance in quality. What do folks go with for their M&P22s or SR22s?
    I’ve got an SR22 and have had great success with CCI mini mags, Blazer, and American Eagle. My pistol has actually been perfect with these through a couple thousand rounds. Not a lot for this crowd, but it’s encouraging for future reliability. With the M22 ammo, not as reliable, fairly regular ftf’s.

I'll be honest. I'm pretty stoked about it *if it runs*

I shoot primarily in Steel Challenge type matches and while a .22 kind of sucks for replicating a lot of things, it's pretty decent for transitions and steel practice. The Glock 44 bridges the gap between dry fire and live fire with competition Glock nicely without spending a ton on ammo. Jmho.

It will be interesting to see if the 44 increases demand for .22 ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List