Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I think 48 would actually be the strongest seller.

- Training companion for those carrying the 48
    - Light and compact 'Kit Gun' for hiking
    - Introductory .22 pistol for kids / recoil sensitive w/ small hands
    - Compact suppressor host
    There's plenty of small .22 pistols out there. I want a G17-sized gun with a threaded barrel, which uses a quad-stack magazine with a CP33-like capacity.

If they can figure out how to have an MOS optics plate on it, even better.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 12-08-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I hope it's on a G17 or G19-sized frame, and not something dumb like a G43x/G48-sized frame.
    Yeah, the entire point of .22 Glock conversions is to be a useful trainer for the grownup models. I'll buy it if it's a G19 or 17 based frame.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Yeah, the entire point of .22 Glock conversions is to be a useful trainer for the grownup models. I'll buy it if it's a G19 or 17 based frame.
    I could see buying one of these.

Maybe “Journey” is “Start your Journey”, by setting up a .22 as a first Pistol. Introducing a new generation of Shooters to the sport with a Glock .22 would be pretty big, maybe not to p-f, but to the target audience worldwide it would. And certainly to Glock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    For some, that is definitely the point, and they’d sell a bunch. I’d probably buy one, too. But a G42 in .22LR would also be awesome, and I’d probably get four of them, one for me, one for SWMBO, and one for each offspring. Because neat, and because they’d all actually shoot them regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Maybe both — 10 OEM and 15 from Shield Arms.

Kidding aside, are there commonly available .22 magazines holding more than ten, for service style .22 pistols?
    Sure, there are the Beretta M9-22 and .22 conversion kits holding 15 rounds.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't be the first to buy a 22 LR G42. First, I was burned by getting an early G42 which was an unsafe horror. Second, small semi 22s are notorious for being quite unreliable and ammo picky. I had a PT-22, another horror and a Beretta 21 that a friend had was similarly touchy. Now someone will say, theirs in fine. That's good but I would wait quite a bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I wouldn't be the first to buy a 22 LR G42. First, I was burned by getting an early G42 which was an unsafe horror. Second, small semi 22s are notorious for being quite unreliable and ammo picky. I had a PT-22, another horror and a Beretta 21 that a friend had was similarly touchy. Now someone will say, theirs in fine. That's good but I would wait quite a bit.
    My experience with the G42 was poor at best, but not unsafe.

What was the issue with yours?

Vickers has stated on his instagram comments that he believes the announcement is a 22lr pistol.looks like things are stacking that way.

How fitting that we nailed the new model 44 on page 44 of this thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I still say there is more to it than just the 44. No way that can justify the legendary rollout.

User Tag List