Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Glock-Something big is coming December 10

I have two Mark3s and some other steel .22s. The Rugers are the best of the bunch. But even after cleaning, lubing, tuning and voodoo magic, they still are unreliable. It’s just fine because that’s what they are. But Glocks should be 99.99%.

I’m just not into lightweight toy guns that shoot bullets. So maybe that’s why I’m disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Maybe you're just talking specifically about fake service pistols. Buck Mark and Ruger Mk mags are made solidly of steel and don't seem to wear out. Needing to be cleaned and lubed after 500-1000 rounds is more due to the nature of the ammo and its low energy than of the quality of pistols, if they are made well.

Just to put it out there, the P250 .22LR fire control group (the "firearm") is literally exactly the same as on the centerfire models.

Although, to credit the previous post, I do have a hoard of the magazines because Sig probably won't keep them in production forever and because plastic. No similar excuse for the hoard of Buck Mark magazines.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-10-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I actually like the product. I love rimfire. But the big marketing push? Really? Everyone at SIG is laughing right now.

Site Supporter
    I understand the trainer parallel issue. I was thinking for something to carry around in the woods or perhaps as (horrors, horrors) a self-defense for the recoil shy, small of hand, the 43/48 frame might be attractive. Betcha, there's one in the works.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    A 20-round 48 would be cool.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Stock up now. Most CCI loads are in the 4-7 cents/rd range for the past 6-12 months. There's other quality stuff even lower.
    If serious P-F’ers don’t already have 5-10k decent .22LR laying around, they’re doing gun culture wrong.

Cool new Glock, not that it’s a surprise. I’d like to get one next year, after the bugs get worked out.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Advantage Arms, Tactical Solutions...what has Glock really accomplished with this roll out that could not be done with the simple purchase of a conversion kit?
    Eliminated the need for a conversion kit? I'd rather just have a dedicated rimfire gun then a conversion, personally.

Perhaps a "more realistic" Glock trigger? Time will tell on that, I suppose.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Glock-Something big is coming December 10

While the idea of a 22 version of what I think is possibly the sweet spot if carry guns is a good idea, this release is like 2 decades too late. I’m guessing they couldn’t figure out how to generate enough energy to cycle a slide with RDS attached, even with the reduced weight of plastic hybrid slide thingie. Hence no MOS plate, which is a big downer for me. Until they figure that out, it’s a no go for me as all if my carry guns have optics now. Thanks old age and goofy genes.

The whole hype, legendary, game changer stuff is Glocktarded. WTF?! Make a plastic metal hybrid center fire slide and I’ll accept game changer. Lol.

So how long before Shield Arms has a 30 round mag available?
    Last edited by TAZ; 12-10-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Guess the price point will decide its popularity. Meh

Big T
    I hope the G44 .22LR is not the "damn exciting" firearm you referred to earlier in this Thread.

One further thought: if they run, this may be the ultimate gun to bring new shooters onboard. I’ll eventually get one just to take non-shooters out shooting. The G19 is probably the most recognizable gat in the urbanized areas of the entire planet, and most people on earth are afraid of them. A 12-pack of empty la croix cans and this thing might be just the ticket for opening some doors.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-10-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List