Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Per Bill Rogers, recoil masks many imperfections in sights and trigger technique, which a .22 lays bare.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Folks, this is still America. May as well shoot ALL the calibers.

JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Per Bill Rogers, recoil masks many imperfections in sights and trigger technique, which a .22 lays bare.
    This is the biggest lesson that I learned when I switched to Limited from Production last year. It is actually not just a sights or trigger technique. It is a grip and recoil management - the most difficult part of the pistol shooting in my opinion. It is relatively easy to hit a target; the real challenge is to hit it again quickly.
    Last edited by cheby; 12-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.

I'd love to hear that fully detailed out. Lacking that, it'll be good brain exercise to try and figure out what fundamental can be off that is masked by recoil.

Surely it isn't grip. Extensive shooting of light recoil pistols can instill weak grip problems, that is pretty widely understood. I've seen it. Principally a factor in strings of fire.

Clean press; can't be. The bullet is on its way when recoil factors in.

Should one assume similar pistol triggers and over all weight? Cause I could see a light .22 showing flaws a 40+ ounce pistol with light trigger could conceal.

Thought provoking for sure.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'd love to hear that fully detailed out. Lacking that, it'll be good brain exercise to try and figure out what fundamental can be off that is masked by recoil.

Surely it isn't grip. Extensive shooting of light recoil pistols can instill weak grip problems, that is pretty widely understood. I've seen it. Principally a factor in strings of fire.

Should one assume similar pistol triggers and over all weight? Cause I could see a light .22 showing flaws a 40+ ounce pistol with light trigger could conceal.

Pretty sure we have discussed this at length on PF in years past, if someone can find the thread.

So hasn’t been leaked yet?

Gives me some hope considering that everything Glock releases gets leaked. Maybe it’s actually something worth keeping secret
    Last edited by pew_pew; 12-09-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Pretty sure we have discussed this at length on PF in years past, if someone can find the thread.
    Probably so. I recall a lot of "understudy" discussion but a lot of that is in the context of shooting the more challenging .22 platform whatever it may be; like a .22 J frame. No matter, Glocks are sufficiently challenging that a solid and correct weight pistol and trigger would be a great training device.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

I remember a colt .22 rail gun I had that sure as shit showed me I sucked with a sa 1911 trigger. That thing was a tank with no recoil and it was easy to tell I needed to work on finger placement and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While not a .22, I trained up for a major match with a 9mm 1911 that went down hard the day before the match.

No problem. I'll use my identical (built at the same time by the same 'smith to be identical in every respect) 1911 in 45.

I had enough ammo to miss 150 times and I ran out of ammo with a couple of stages left.

I've watched a bunch of the Steel Challenge rimfire dorks do the same thing going from their dorked up Ruger to their real(er) pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    While not a .22, I trained up for a major match with a 9mm 1911 that went down hard the day before the match.

No problem. I'll use my identical (built at the same time by the same 'smith to be identical in every respect) 1911 in 45.

I had enough ammo to miss 150 times and I ran out of ammo with a couple of stages left.

I've watched a bunch of the Steel Challenge rimfire dorks do the same thing going from their dorked up Ruger to their real(er) pistols.
    It doesn’t seem to be working so bad for Kolby Pavlock, Steel Challenge rimfire champion and USPSA GM and winner of CO over Nils at Area 1 this year.

User Tag List