Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

I'm looking at getting a Gen 4 17a - theres a significantly cheaper Gen 3 but unsure whether its worth going the 4 instead? This is the one: https://gunhub.com.au/listing/glock-17a-gen4/

Any range reports from you guys yet? Picked one up today but won't get to shoot it until tomorrow after work.

So I have a dumb question:

I was taught growing up that one should not dry fire rim fire guns so as not to damage the firing pin. Glocks disassemble with a trigger press. I would assume there's some sort of Glock special sauce going on here?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    So I have a dumb question:

I was taught growing up that one should not dry fire rim fire guns so as not to damage the firing pin. Glocks disassemble with a trigger press. I would assume there's some sort of Glock special sauce going on here?
    One of the videos that came out last month, I think TFB TV, said that the main design engineer at Glock said dry fire was fine. Sorry I don't remember which video.

I picked up a G44 this morning, the indoor range I shoot at had just received a couple in stock. I paid a little over $400 but have impulse control issues when it comes to rimfires. And unless I'm saving a lot I try to buy local.

I shot 250 rounds through it with no hiccups. 100 CCI mini mags, 100 CCI clean high velocity and 50 CCI SV. The pistol shot high for me at 21 feet but as always another shooter will group a lot better than I. Shame on me though, in my excitement I hadn't noticed the adjustable rear sight. I did check it when I got home and if it lowered any further I'll be surprised. It has a regular Glock front sight so changing will be easy if needed.

The pistol does fit my JMCK G17 AIWB with a little bit of tightening of the screw to hold it secure. The magazine is about the same size as a G19 magazine and will fit in the following Glock mag holders. JMCK AIWB, CCC basic mag holder, Kytex, Ready Tac and Raven. The G19 magazine will lock in place and lock the slide to the rear.

I think this will be a great pistol for my boys to use for practice. The G44 magazine will allow mag changes and the fact it fits Glock holsters/mag holders make it easy to outfit everyone.

Name:  G44 JMCK.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  32.1 KB

CCI Minimags at 21 feet (I played with the hold a bit on this target, 6 o'clock and bottom of blue circle)
    Name:  G44 CCI MiniMag.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  31.2 KB

CCI SV at 21 feet
    Name:  G44 CCI SV.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  33.6 KB

CCI Clean HV at 21 feet
    Name:  G44 CCL Clean HV.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  33.2 KB
    Last edited by vaspence; 01-22-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    Any range reports from you guys yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    The pistol shot high for me at 21 feet

Notes in my journal:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Journal/page7
    Last edited by CCT125US; 01-22-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Shot 200 rounds last night (50 CCI Standard Velocity, 50 Remington Golden Bullets,100 Aguila Super Extra). Gun ran 100% , no light strikes,FTE, nothing. Even after adjusting the sights I was still about a inch high at just 21 feet. Had no trouble keeping most shots within a 1” paster at 21 aiming just below the bottom edge at hitting top edge. Would live to change sights out, but am a bit nervous with the plastic dovetail. Anyone tried it yet?

Copied from M4Carbine
    Quote Originally Posted by ARx3 View Post
    I attended a Glock Armorers Class to recertify on January 7th. While no G44 was available to handle or inspect,and even the instructor hadn't handled one a few slides were available with some information.
    The G44 has no firing pin channel liner, the loaded chamber indicator is a "ghost hole" in the rear of the barrel hood. The locking block is different as would be expected, although I believe that the backstrap extensions are the same,as well as the reversible magazine catch is the same .The trigger mechanism housing and trigger with trigger bar are G44 specific .The connector is the (.) dot connector the same as the Gen 4 and Gen 5 pistols.
    Just to expound upon this; a revised armorer’s parts order form was released on 1/14. Going through it, I found the following parts are unique to the G44:
    Barrel
    Thread barrel
    Thread protector
    Threaded adapter
    Extractor
    Extractor depressor plunger & spring assembly
    Firing pin assembly
    Firing pin safety
    Locking block
    Recoil spring assembly
    Rear adjustable sight*
    Slide cover plate
    Slide lock
    Slide stop
    Trigger w/ trigger bar
    Trigger mechanism housing w/ ejector
    Cleaning rod/brush
    Case package**

The following parts are confirmed to be interchangeable with at least some other models:
    Connector
    Magazine catch
    Front sight
    Slide lock spring
    Trigger housing pin
    Backstrap/beavertail kit
    Trigger pin

The slide is obviously unique, but so is the frame, most notably where the locking block is located. Your not gonna be able to swap with a G19 the slide or frame.

* the rear sight uniqueness appears to be height related only, but I’ll be attempting to use a standard Dawson sight set on mine. I’ll try to remember to update with what kind of things I run into, as well as from/rear height difference needed to get POA/POI.

**case only appears to be different when bought as a replacement from Glock due to a different cleaning rod and owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post
    Copied from M4Carbine

Slide cover plate
    Slide stop
    Trigger w/ trigger bar
    Kinda surprised about these.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

In a video with Shane Coley at SHOT he mentioned that normal Glock sights won't work on a 44 but companies are working on it. I wonder if it is a height issue or plastic dovetail issue?

User Tag List