Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but a .22 Glock would be a major yawn and far short of the hype Glock has been pushing.
    Same.

.22 is a snooze fest for me.

What? No 17 Mach 2 conversion barrel?

I'm outraged!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    G44, Gen 5 19 in .22. Ten round mags to start. Threaded barrel option later. MSRP around $399, street low to mid 300’s. Reliable with a bunch of ammo. No MOS for now. Fits G19 gen 5 holsters (Has ambi mag release).
    Totally buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I'd be down for one, especially at a sub-$400 price point. I also want a threaded barrel, but that depends on the future viability of suppressors here in VA.

Questions:
    Does it accept the same triggers, connectors, etc that a regular Glock supports?
    Will a Gen5 SCD work?
    What about sights?

Point being, I'd want to set this up exactly like my carry G19.

Chris

Legit use case.

I hope it is wildly successful so that they transfer their .22 LR learning to models with a smaller form factor. If this 19 size weighs ~13 oz, imagine what a 42 or 43 sized would weigh?

I'd find a 7 oz micro Glock .22 irresistible.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    I noticed that when I wanted to see how much it weighed
    Yup me too. Still not fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    G44, Gen 5 19 in .22. Ten round mags to start. Threaded barrel option later. MSRP around $399, street low to mid 300’s. Reliable with a bunch of ammo. No MOS for now. Fits G19 gen 5 holsters (Has ambi mag release).
    I need a new street. Around here street prices are usually close to MSRP. 😂

As much as I like the idea of this thing having a threaded barrel I'm not convinced it's a deal-breaker. The more you mess with suppressors, especially 22 suppressors, you realize they require more maintenance and are more novelty than high-volume items. I've got one of the full-size M&P 22's with a thread adapter. For me, the gun works well in both roles:

1. Suppressor host
    2. Rimfire trainer for service pistol

Even though I shoot Glocks now instead of M&P's, things like draw mechanics, sight tracking (especially when transitioning targets), and a few other factors do have value beyond dryfire in my opinion. I even modified a set of real M&P sights to fit the dovetails on the rimfire gun.

That said, for new shooters and kids, the full-size M&P (even though it's rimfire) can be a bit much.

I'm more inclined I think to sell the M&P and pick up a G44 for a full-time trainer and something like a Browning or Ruger target pistol with a lightweight barrel to serve as a suppressor host. Narrower grip, better trigger, maybe even toss a dot on top.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I’m skeptical. This appears to be yet another toy gun that shoots real bullets. The plastic slide isn’t encouraging.

.22s in general aren’t reliable. Sure, there are some that run ok, most of the time. But after a 1000 rounds, not so much —unless they are fully cleaned and lubed.

.22 mags universally suck. They are flimsy pieces of crap, except for maybe the 10/22 rotary mags.

If Glock has somehow broken the rule, and made a good .22, I’ll eat crow.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not like there aren't any .22LR Glock kits out there. Advantage Arms, etc.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Advantage Arms, Tactical Solutions...what has Glock really accomplished with this roll out that could not be done with the simple purchase of a conversion kit?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    I don’t get you guys.

If I can get a representative trigger press and grip of a real service pistol, on a gun that costs a lot less to shoot - isn’t that awesome? I know, some of you are so rich you’re training with HSTs in 2011s.

I’ve been messing with airsoft pistols for years to try to get here, so to have it offered with Glock reliability and customer support, is awesome.

Basically it’s awesome and if you don’t want one, don’t get one.
    Heck yeah. Agreed and will definitely end up with one. Especially if it can improve on the reliability compared to the AA kits I have.

User Tag List