Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Personally I hope that Glock will announce that they are finally done with making the same pistol in all possible sizes while calling it a new model. I hope they will come up with something really different and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This latest announcement follows the pattern of recent Glock announcements. Rumblings of something coming. Official teaser by Glock. Pretty good guesses by many. Endless pages of silliness. Something leaks that gives us a high probability idea of what is coming. Mass deflation as to how underwhelming the announcement will be, along with statements about how they would not buy this new thing, unless it is in the form of “insert special snowflake request.” Then everyone of them buys one or two, except M2Cattle, who condemns the product and the company, but secretly gets one too.
    Epic. Truth. So shall it be written in stone!

PS. G19, because 1x9 = 9mm, duh.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-09-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This latest announcement follows the pattern of recent Glock announcements. Rumblings of something coming. Official teaser by Glock. Pretty good guesses by many. Endless pages of silliness. Something leaks that gives us a high probability idea of what is coming. Mass deflation as to how underwhelming the announcement will be, along with statements about how they would not buy this new thing, unless it is in the form of “insert special snowflake request.” Then everyone of them buys one or two, except M2Cattle, who condemns the product and the company, but secretly gets one too.
    You forgot the part about the one guy who cynically, accurately and hilariously summarizes all of it the day before the announcement...happens every time, too.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I've never seen any value in a .22 trainer. It's just wasting time developing training scars that have to be corrected with more live fire with the caliber you should have been training with in the first place.

I still don't think Glock is going after the trash pile/beer can shooter market...
    Interesting. Bill Rogers says that if male egos allowed, he would have every advanced Rogers School student shoot rim fire on day one and two at Rogers, as his best scores on the Rogers School test follow the weeks when he teaches the basic class, primarily using a .22.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I heard that Glock is entering the electric vehicle market. Starting with zeppelins.
    Fortunately, Glock won't be allowed in New Jersey soon, so that's another potential disaster averted. "Zeppelin Crashes, Electrocutes Thousands!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Interesting. Bill Rogers says that if male egos allowed, he would have every advanced Rogers School student shoot rim fire on day one and two at Rogers, as his best scores on the Rogers School test follow the weeks when he teaches the basic class, primarily using a .22.
    A trigger press with attention and just a bit of consequence on the line is a trigger press with attention and just a bit of consequence attached. Otherwise, why dryfire?

I’m nowhere near the speed/accuracy juggler with a Glock that you are, but I absolutely get that a well-done .22 understudy to the service Glocks could make a lot of shooters better. I mean, has anyone here actually priced a 5k brick of decent .22LR lately? If someone has the time in their schedule, and wants to run 50k rounds a year without being assigned to a training billet with the FAMs, here’s the polymer huckleberry.

Unless it’s actually a .22 carbine. Then F that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

So, has anyone guessed there are "S" or "C" models coming - eg G17S is a G17 slide on a G19 frame? G19S is a G19 slide on a G26 frame? Not sure that would be "big," but it would be something folks have been doing to Glocks for a long time...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I heard that Glock is entering the electric vehicle market. Starting with zeppelins.
    I’d never considered the idea of a Glock-Zepplin until reading this. Now I want to know why the skies aren’t already filled with electric Glock-Zepplins silently ferrying passengers between our grand metropolises.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’d never considered the idea of a Glock-Zepplin until reading this. Now I want to know why the skies aren’t already filled with electric Glock-Zepplins silently ferrying passengers between our grand metropolises.
    Slogan time:
    "Glock: the ultimate Lead Zeppelin"

A suppressed.22 Glock could certainly ferry a lot of lead downrange in relative quietude.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-09-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Probably because they've been on the range for two weeks correcting the damage from the .22s!

User Tag List