Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    In a video with Shane Coley at SHOT he mentioned that normal Glock sights won't work on a 44 but companies are working on it. I wonder if it is a height issue or plastic dovetail issue?
    I’ve seen on another forum someone using truglo sights on one, so I’m guessing it’s height only

ETA: TFB article states any sights will work. Guns.com article also quotes Glock as saying standard sights are compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CESwartz07; 01-24-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    One of the videos that came out last month, I think TFB TV, said that the main design engineer at Glock said dry fire was fine. Sorry I don't remember which video.
    I saw somewhere also that dry fire is OK on the Glock 44, but can't pinpoint where I heard it. I'm anxious to get my hands on one and see how they have handled this problem.

Range report:

Fresh out of the box, In the first 100 rounds of Federal Champion, I had roughly 6 failure to eject stovepipes and a few fail to lock back on empty.

Added Slip2000 Extreme Weapons Lubricant to the slide rails, and then went on to fire the following:

50rds of CCI Stinger 32g CPHP (1640fps)
    No issues

120rds of Remington Golden Bullet 36g PHP (1280fps)
    1 failure to extract, but case had ruptured, so ammo related.
    2 duds that fired on second try after rotating where the firing pin struck the rim. Likely ammo related

190rds more of Federal Champion 36g CPHP (1260fps)
    2 duds that fired on second try after rotating where the firing pin struck the rim. Likely ammo related
    3 failures to lock back on an empty mag. Pretty sure it wasn’t my grip, and I think I have it isolated to one of my 5 mags, but it still works most of the time so IDK.

10rds of Remington subsonic 38gr LHP (1050fps)
    2 failures to extract/cycle
    1 failure to eject (stovepipe)
    And failure to lock back on empty

As expected, it was a hit with a new shooter (female). I’ll attribute the failures during my initial range trip to eject/stovepipes with the Remington Federal as lack of additional lubricant and “break-in”. While no other Glock has every required anything period to run right of of the box, I can accept a .22 being alittle more finicky.

I shot a 44 on Friday. Great 22 and sub caliber Glock trainer. I will try to add a GlockStore Thug to increase the empty weight. I suspect most Glock shooters will want a 44.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I suspect most Glock shooters will want a 44.
    I sure do. I’m not in a hurry though; pepperidge farm remembers buying early 42s.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Seems like everyone having any kind if malfunctions seem to be with lighter 36 or 38g bullets. I’m up to 550 rounds fired, most are CCI Standard Velocity or Aguila Super Extra which are both 40g with not one hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post
    Range report:

Fresh out of the box, In the first 100 rounds of Federal Champion, I had roughly 6 failure to eject stovepipes and a few fail to lock back on empty.

Added Slip2000 Extreme Weapons Lubricant to the slide rails, and then went on to fire the following:

50rds of CCI Stinger 32g CPHP (1640fps)
    No issues

120rds of Remington Golden Bullet 36g PHP (1280fps)
    1 failure to extract, but case had ruptured, so ammo related.

190rds more of Federal Champion 36g CPHP (1260fps)
    3 failures to lock back on an empty mag. Pretty sure it wasn’t my grip, and I think I have it isolated to one of my 5 mags, but it still works most of the time so IDK.

10rds of Remington subsonic 38gr LHP (1050fps)
    2 failures to extract/cycle
    1 failure to eject (stovepipe)
    And failure to lock back on empty

As expected, it was a hit with a new shooter (female). I’ll attribute the failures during my initial range trip to eject/stovepipes with the Remington Federal as lack of additional lubricant and “break-in”. While no other Glock has every required anything period to run right of of the box, I can accept a .22 being alittle more finicky.

I see there was no issue with the quality CCI ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I see there was no issue with the quality CCI ammunition.
    Yea, but smaller sample too. Have a variety of ammo entourage, including CCI mini mags and Velocitors

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot a 44 on Friday. Great 22 and sub caliber Glock trainer. I will try to add a GlockStore Thug to increase the empty weight. I suspect most Glock shooters will want a 44.
    Was it more reliable than a conversion?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I sure do. I’m not in a hurry though; pepperidge farm remembers buying early 42s.
    I looked one over on Thursday. I liked it and want one, and the LGS pusher kindly offered to put it on layaway for me.

I told her I was looking to get one in about six months for my birthday.

User Tag List