Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you thankful for on this day?

What are you thankful for on this day?

As the title asks, what are you thankful for on this day?

I am thankful for all the typical things, family, health and good fortune. However this year I am especially thankful that after enduring almost 8 years of Obama I will not be subjected to Hillary Clinton as president next year.

^^^Yeah, I was going to say: health, lots of good relationships, the fact of living when and where in history I do, and the electoral college, myself.

Site Supporter
    I'm thankful for my family and my happy, healthy 1 y/o daughter now. I'm especially thankful that, after being laid off in October, I'll be starting a new job here shortly . . . I just wish we didn't have to pick up and move again after getting here only two years ago@
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 11-24-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Though I am thankful for my incredible family every year, especially my wife and daughter, I am more grateful than ever for these blessings today. A good friend of mine decided to take his own life not two days ago, something neither his family or friends were able to foresee. As I come to grips with this loss, I cannot understate how grateful I am to have my own family around, safe, healthy and sound. I wish the same to all other PF-ers around the country (and world).

Site Supporter
    I am thankful for my wife and kids, a roof over my head, and a great job. It's going to be great to see my best friend later tonight!

I will also be incredibly thankful once our siblings leave us the F**k alone and leave our house!

I am also thankful for my Big Green Egg, and the fact that it has made Thanksgiving great again!
    Last edited by Guinnessman; 11-24-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Right now I am thankful that my wife is not in the room.

She went to work at 5:30 AM yesterday, got home at almost 10 PM last night. Then got called in this morning at 5:30 again for a surgery, and got home about an hour ago.

While she was in the other room, Henry helped himself to her fancy coffee:

That dog has no idea that he just had a near death experience!

I'm thankful for the continued safety, peace, and relative harmony in my life. I can, and often do, find things to complain about, but overall - my wife and I are gainfully employed, healthy, and happy. Our future is bright and a present is excellent. I can be thankful for the opportunities I have had and the hard work I've put in to allow me to take advantage of those opportunities. A number of my peers and colleagues cannot say the same.

I'm thankful that we will not have HRC as President, but I admit to being worried about the xenophobia and continued growth of anti-intellectualism in America that may be furthered under a Trump Administration. But I am thankful that I will have the ability to fight against those worries, if necessary.

Peace, Love, Cocoa Puffs,

-Rob

Happily, I'll have Thanksgiving on Saturday, as Thursday in PNG is just another day.
    And what a day it was- a PNG Customs audit of my department in the morning, followed by a medevac.

Shittiest year of my life but I've got a job and I'm not living out of my car so that's pretty cool
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List