Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tis the season. Lock ALL of your doors.

Tis the season. Lock ALL of your doors.

Check out these brazen dirtbags that tried not only our car doors this morning at 2 AM but also our front door. Both my wife and I were home asleep with two 65 lbs dogs nearby. One dog did alert shortly after the Arlo video ended.
    Not sure if I can imbed the video (any suggestions would be appreciated).

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/lib...614F4AD_201911
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 11-25-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Shit that sucks! Glad they didn't try too hard. Assholes.

You got 2 big dogs, security cameras, you're on here so I know you're armed.... other than notifying police and showing them video not sure how much more you can do.

Glad that ended without incident and that your family was spared your having to take action.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glad it didn’t turn into something more serious. About a month ago, two dildos walked into my garage while I was in the house and each took a good size toolbox totaling about $500.00 worth of tools. The Garage door had only been open for ~15 minutes. I Wouldn’t have even known until I needed some tools had my neighbor not came to the door and told me what she had witnessed. Bastards got away though🤬

I’m so sick of scumbags!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My office parking lot was hit this morning. Broke into three vehicles in broad daylight, during business hours. There were people working in the lot, but around the corner and out of sight from where the vehicles were. Brazen doesn't even cover it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I would contact the police if you haven’t. There’s a good chance they hit someone nearby who didn’t have their doors locked.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 11-26-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Do you think motion lights would be beneficial?

I'm just wondering if anything could be done to further deter bad guys, or avoid their return.

-Cory

I had some small stuff stolen out of my van in the driveway a few years ago. I am much more careful about keeping it locked and nothing of value in view to give a yegg incentive to break a window.

More recently, I had some rummaging in the garage. I don't keep anything of value there, either; unless somebody wanted to steal my case tumbler, but it still got me to keep the door down except when driving in or out.

About 12 years ago, the house was entered through a window unlocked for fine weather ventilation. Guns left out for cleaning were stolen but recovered when the punk wrecked his stolen car before disposing of them.

There are crooks all over.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

I'm just wondering if anything could be done to further deter bad guys, or avoid their return.

-Cory
    In the video it appears that there is a streetlight very close by. These fuckers don't care. They hoodie and mask up then hit a neighborhood.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

-Cory
    Motion lights can also illuminate me, at just the moment/place when I would rather it not not happen. I am not saying that motion lights are bad; just that they should be positioned with due care to tactical advantage.

My wife recently bought a portable motion light, with batteries that recharge each day with a solar panel. She positioned it so that the sensor only tripped when something was on the front porch, near the door. Well, that meant that I was being instantly illuminated when I stepped outside, at night. Sorry, I want the choice of whether I want to betray my position, to a potential attacker.

I think that she mostly wanted that motion light for arriving at home, at night. Well, OK, let’s add a light that be activated with her mobile phone, using the Home app, or similar tech.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List