Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: To J-frame or not to J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Gunbroker lists 4 auctions for $724-$768. $220 more, with $88 taxes and $37 DROS fee is only $95 more than I can buy one online. I KNOW it sounds crazy, but everything in the state of my birth is Bizarro World now.
    How is this cost different from other states?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    The roots of gun control are in Jim Crow laws in the South. CA up until about 8-10 years ago, made it a misdemeanor to carry a loaded pistol if you were not a felon, while carrying knives, dirks, daggers, slungshots, clubs, brass knuckles, was a felony. The thinking in 1872 when the Penal Code was written was that decent folks, i.e. middle-upper class WASPs, could afford pistols and revolvers, while the lower-class immigrants from Asia, Mexico, Southern Europe and the dreaded Irish, would not be able to afford a decent firearm. Ergo, felony for a poor guy carrying what he could afford to protect himself, while the right sort of folks, like Winston J. Wadsworth III, would only hazard a misdemeanor, if the police even bothered enforcing the law on the "right sort" of folks. Read about Chinatown in SF and the property restrictions on Asians in CA. Gun control has a long history of being used to control the "undesirables." Now, the definition of who is undesirable has changed. Same game, same tyranny of the majority.
    There is still the carveout of a "nuisance option" (at the discretion of LE/the DA, of course) in the AW ban. If the "right sort" of folks get caught in violation, they can pay $500 and surrender the gun, and it's not even a misdemeanor. At least there was a few years ago when I was getting up to speed on that state's nuttiness.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I like exposed hammers and light weight, so I went with 637-2 Airweight, switched to titanium .357Mag cylinder to knock 2 ounces off the weight, and reamed for 9mm and moonclips for fast reload. Liked it enough that I did three of them. Hogue Laser sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Remove the rivets

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Jody, thanks for the information about grip....and.....gripS! Just exactly what I've come to expect from this whatinthehellwouldIdowithoutit - great forum! I absolutely love your Gray (?) VZ 320's. I still haven't been to the range - just a matter of time. Two things I've learned so far: Forgive me if I gush about the trigger again - it feels very smooth with an unexpected crisp break. This NIB 340 feels as smooth as the ones I shot with many rounds through them. I bought a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and have found out it works best in bdu/cargo type pants. I'm a size 34" waist and my jeans are "regular" cut, nothing slim about them. Problem is, drawing from the Nemesis in the jeans pocket is extremely slow and awkward cause I can't get my hand in the pocket. I've already pleased with the draw from the bdu-ish pants. It would appear I won't be buying more jeans for snubbie use.
    I've found that removing the copper rivets on the pocket corners with a side cutter is a fast and easy fix for all of my jean pockets it gives a bit more room for the draw stroke. I also remove the little coin pocket and rivets.
    Really makes a noticeable difference.

User Tag List