Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: To J-frame or not to J-frame

Site Supporter
    Just where DOES the time go? I'll stick to the basics. After my revolver guy gave the M&P 340 his seal of approval, and I finished the paperwork, I paid off the layaway and brought this awesome wheelie home. Because the line at the FFL's indoor range was four deep, I had to settle for some trigger time doing various dry fire drills at home. In my admittedly meager double action experience, this trigger stands out. The toughest part is working out a decent grip. All suggestions are welcome. I'm working today and probably won't be able to get any live fire for the immediate future. I bought some Federal fmj/130 grain for that initial session. Believe me when I say this delay is not acceptable.

The S&W hard rubber boot grips on the 340 never did work for me.
    I have VZ 320s on all my J's.
    They fill out my hand better but are still low profile, the smooth texture also works out better in a pocket and against the skin AIWB.
    Made getting a grip and keeping a grip much easier, even with stout +P's in the AirLites.

Name:  air_j.jpg
Views: 2936
Size:  65.5 KB
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-27-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    They fill out my hand better but are still low profile, the smooth texture also works out better in a pocket and against the skin AIWB.
    Made getting a grip and keeping a grip much easier, even with stout +P's in the AirLites.

Im currently carrying my 642 with the old uncle mikes boot grips. I have got to bite the bullet and try VZ grips. I just hate to spend $80 for a set of grips not knowing if I will like them.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Im currently carrying my 642 with the old uncle mikes boot grips. I have got to bite the bullet and try VZ grips. I just hate to spend $80 for a set of grips not knowing if I will like them.
    Amazon... if you don't like them return them.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Amazon... if you don't like them return them.
    You are a genius. I didnt know they were available on Amazon.

Site Supporter

Jody, thanks for the information about grip....and.....gripS! Just exactly what I've come to expect from this whatinthehellwouldIdowithoutit - great forum! I absolutely love your Gray (?) VZ 320's. I still haven't been to the range - just a matter of time. Two things I've learned so far: Forgive me if I gush about the trigger again - it feels very smooth with an unexpected crisp break. This NIB 340 feels as smooth as the ones I shot with many rounds through them. I bought a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and have found out it works best in bdu/cargo type pants. I'm a size 34" waist and my jeans are "regular" cut, nothing slim about them. Problem is, drawing from the Nemesis in the jeans pocket is extremely slow and awkward cause I can't get my hand in the pocket. I've already pleased with the draw from the bdu-ish pants. It would appear I won't be buying more jeans for snubbie use.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Attachment 45424

They can be a lot of fun, too!

Duelist which Model 60 is that?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Duelist which Model 60 is that?
    60-9 Ladysmith, .357 Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    60-9 Ladysmith, .357 Magnum.

Thank you!🙂

Remove the rivets...

On ALL of my jeans I've removed the rivets at the pocket corners, you really gain easier access and draw speed..a good pair of flush side cutters will nip off the copper nipple on the front and allow you to pop the rivets apart ..

User Tag List