Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To J-frame or not to J-frame

To J-frame or not to J-frame

@11B10 - I found this P&S podcast on snubbies well worth a listen.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mat...sts/e/61807900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 11-30-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @11B10 - I found this P&S podcast on snubbies well worth a listen.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mat...sts/e/61807900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beware! You may end up with an all steel J frame practice gun as well after listening to that podcast. There will be other snubs in the case, and... well, one thing has a way of leading to another.
    Last edited by TDA; 12-01-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Beware! You may end up with an all steel J frame practice gun as well after listening to that podcast. There will be other snubs in the case, and... well, one thing has a way of leading to another.
    I believe it. I'm on the lookout for a M36/60 myself since it's hard not to put at least a hundred rounds through the 642 each time I take it to the range. Thank goodness I've got the 550 set up for .38 Special.

Site Supporter
    Name:  CA95D1E5-F1B8-4BA4-BC47-2612FFCC1558.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  30.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    They can be a lot of fun, too!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Thank goodness I've got the 550 set up for .38 Special.
    I know the thread title is not "To reload or not to reload ammo" but a 550 and .38 sure is a rapid ROI payback!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I know the thread title is not "To reload or not to reload ammo" but a 550 and .38 sure is a rapid ROI payback!
    Yes indeed. Revolver rounds is all I load for anymore. ROI not worth it now for 9mm for my rate of consumption.
    Saving those components for another ammo shortage if needed.
    Got a Dillon 550 and a crap ton of dies and conversion kits from an estate sale in September and haven’t even checked to see if it functions properly. Too busy selling all of the other stuff that came in the deal.
    Reloading does allow one more practice .38 ammo for the J or whichever .38 has to be fed.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 12-02-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Yes indeed. Revolver rounds is all I load for anymore. ROI not worth it now for 9mm for my rate of consumption.
    I persist in loading 9mm, but partially because I am stubborn. I figure I can save $50, and if that is not enough to justify it then I will shoot twice as much so I can save $100, that is how my warped brain works on this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Reloading does allow one more practice .38 ammo for the J or whichever .38 has to be fed.
    And especially reloading for .38 is like making chili, you get to decide how spicy!

So not only have I been goaded into J frames #4 and #5, now you terrible people are talking me into a reloading press?

Site Supporter
    Oh, hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I persist in loading 9mm, but partially because I am stubborn. I figure I can save $50, and if that is not enough to justify it then I will shoot twice as much so I can save $100, that is how my warped brain works on this stuff...

And especially reloading for .38 is like making chili, you get to decide how spicy!
    I insist on loading all of my 9mm, a few years back, (right before 9/11) I was loading my own .223/5.56 ammo and mentioned it on barfcom, I was told by several people what a fool I was for even bothering to load it when all this surplus 5.56 was floating around cheap..Then 9/11 happened, all the surplus dried up literally overnight...A few weeks later, the same people who were calling me a fool for loading .223, 5.56 were squalling about how they couldn’t find ammo and were getting their practice in with .22’s... In the meantime I didn’t have a ammo shortage problem, you can bet I chimed in on that thread and asked them who the fool was now.. In 2020 for example, I plan on spending the year stocking up on powder, primers, bullets, while I think Trump is going to get re-elected, that’s not a sure thing, and if he does, I also look for the left to go berserk and I expect to see violence in the bigger city’s.. I’m not planning on depending on a store for ammo.
    Last edited by ralph; 12-02-2019 at 01:30 PM.

User Tag List