Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: To J-frame or not to J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I insist on loading all of my 9mm, a few years back... I’m not planning on depending on a store for ammo.
    I reload 9mm because I get to use my cool tools. So many people are shooting sooooo much 9mm that seems like nobody was alive back when you had to in order to do any kind of volume. I am sure all of these presses have paid for themselves, but not sure I care all that much any more.

But if a fella wanted to shoot alotta .38, a simple 550 would be like printing money.

Site Supporter
    Well, I've taken the plunge - I put an M&P340 on layaway two days ago. At the latest, I should have it by February 1st.

AAR to follow.

Good choice

You are going to love it! Get some snap caps and dry fire it a bunch, it'll get you comfortable with the trigger and most definitely will show on the targets...

Quote Originally Posted by Michpatriot View Post
    You are going to love it! Get some snap caps and dry fire it a bunch, it'll get you comfortable with the trigger and most definitely will show on the targets...
    Good choice. I dont use snap caps for dryfireing but i do like using them for reloading practice.

I really like the 340. If i ever get another j frame i think that would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I know the thread title is not "To reload or not to reload ammo" but a 550 and .38 sure is a rapid ROI payback!
    Im using a single stage which slows me down but i couldn't imagine paying for all the .38/.357 i shoot. The recent walmart purge was tempting at factory +p at 15cpr.

Sure double time is nice but that means 16 hours in a psych hospital. Its a bit stressfull whereas loading ammo with a few beers while listening to an audiobook is a nice break.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Im using a single stage which slows me down but i couldn't imagine paying for all the .38/.357 i shoot. The recent walmart purge was tempting at factory +p at 15cpr.

Sure double time is nice but that means 16 hours in a psych hospital. Its a bit stressfull whereas loading ammo with a few beers while listening to an audiobook is a nice break.
    I start most mornings with a turret press, a work-related web-seminar, and coffee. You're absolutely right on the life/work(money) balance of things.

whereas loading ammo with a few beers while listening to an audiobook is a nice break.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I start most mornings with a turret press, a work-related web-seminar, and coffee.
    I don't need a fidget spinner, I have a reloading press...

Site Supporter

A-freaking-men brother.

Especially around the holidays [emoji38]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Name:  50F53777-E6F7-4614-8639-674870077EC8.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  40.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Sorry for a couple things. First, returning to the thread (cause I know I'm the uncrowned king of thread drift). Second, posting a teaser. I thought I'd have the new 340 before Christmas, but now it will be the day after Christmas. Yup, my "package" (my FFL has a sense of humor) arrived last Friday, but I couldn't get there until the day after Christmas. Kind of a Christmas present to myself. I'm hoping to have enough time on Thursday to do some live firing at the FFL's indoor range. Just a little pumped.

User Tag List