Thread: Need help finding a SIG P320 variant

Need help finding a SIG P320 variant

An associate is about to purchase a first handgun. After several hours of introductory instruction, thoughtful discussion of pros and contras, and demoing just about every possible trigger system, different options etc the man is leaning towards a P320.

Just to cut off an unnecessary noise: I dont like SIG as a company, I have no reservations about the P320 after the upgrade, threads to piss on SIG are located elsewhere. What I need a help with is to figure out what model gets me the following feature set:

- compact or X carry size
    - manual safety
    - optic capable, either from factory or through post market mod
    - optic and rear sight must coexist, not be mutually exclusive.

I am having a hard time navigating SIG site. Best I can come up with is a manual safety compact and then have it milled for an optic. Am I missing other options?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I think you have already figured it out. Seems like all of the later model offerings have the rear sight built into the optic plate except for the VTac, which is larger than specified and lacks a manual safety.

Next question. Who builds a good holster for a P320c with manual safety and optic?

To get the rear sight seperate from the optic plate you either have to go with the new VTAC or the professional series (LE/MIL). May want to just find a compact and have it milled for an optic.

He's going to have to mix and match. He needs to track down a manual safety variant which will most likely come from Massachusetts. He then needs a slide that will take an optic. Sig sells RX conversion slides that would do this.

Regarding holsters, I don't think the manual safety is a big issue. Certainly, the Grey Guns holsters will work with them.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Why does the rear sight need to be separate from the optic plate?

I mean, I get why in theory. However the M17/18 and newer X-Series are cut for the DPP. The DPP abs Romeo both have integrated rear sight options. Additionally if he wants an RMR Bobro makes an adapter plate that also includes a rear iron.

While separate irons have advantages, he'd need to upgrade to fill front and rear suppressor heights, with the DPP cut P320 heel just need a front sight.

Ultimately he'll need to mix and match. I'd say find an M17 or MS FCU/lower and pair it with an X-Carry R2 slide. Add optic of choice and call it good. The ultimate limiting factor is the optic/rear sight. Unless he can find a MS and wants to send out out.

This is not going to be a gaming gun and I would not let anyone who relies on my advice put a DPP on a defensive gun. That would've been the case even if I hadn't broken my third DPP a week ago.
    Less familiar with the Romeo but I think what it has is a notch at the rear of the housing? I want him to have fully functional sights, not rough references.

P.S. Thanks for an advice, though. Seems like we'll go MS Compact and aftermarket milling, although that plate is an option. Springer makes something similar for RMR.
    Last edited by YVK; 11-25-2019 at 01:30 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

X Carry mated to an X Compact grip module would give that solution, and probably the "best" option for a P320 carry gun at this time, IMHO.

User Tag List