Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

Yes, I do trust the 320...it has not given me a reason not to. It has the voluntary upgrade as well, which was handled quickly and efficiently for me. Mine has been absolutely 100% flawless with better accuracy in my hands bone stock than the Gen 4 Glock 19 I used to have. Plus I don’t get the casings on top of my head like the 19 used to give me. As far as Sig’s ethics and in particular Mr. Cohen....I don’t know enough to comment on that. What I do know is that Mr. Glock has not been a perfect angel in his business and personal decisions and most big corporations could be accused of bad ethics at one point or another.

Beretta M9 slides fracturing and breaking. Glock failing DEA frisbee tests with slides coming off the frames and discharging. Now this for Sig. Just saying.

. You can tell by my post count I don't post often (or at all) but I read here frequently. My feeling is, unless you have something important to contribute, keep your mouth shut.

Soon as I starded reading this post I thought Who the hell does this guy think he's not... Stay in yer lane bruh!!

I hope i dont have to say it, but just in case. I'm completely just joking

ETA: dont know why the quoted part didn't show as such, sorry.
    Last edited by JDH; 11-26-2019 at 05:15 AM.

Student
    To answer the opening question only, yes. Like with any other model from any other company, buy two, shoot a couple cases each through both. One for carry, one for practice and training.

For example, even though I was part of the pre-order for the LTT 92 Compacts/Centurions, I'm still currently carrying a full-size because I still haven't finished vetting the new guns yet. That may take a while through to next year since my budget has taken the holiday hit, but that's okay.

I did have a couple of the earlier P320s that had to go through the voluntary. I ended up going to other guns for different reasons, but they were still okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    There's probably a dozen reasons why something has a different SKU based on the customer. I've never (in 25 yrs in mfg) seen a different SKU assigned to a product just because it has a higher level of "QC" (another overused, little understood gun forum acronym).

Not saying you're wrong. Just saying it's unlikely you're right.

I mean the most likely explanation is that the guy who had the conversations was wrong and the dude on the other side of the world is right.

But maybe its the extra QC step that ensures your P320 Compacts don't have P320 Sub Compact barrels in them. But what would I know.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For those who would not trust a 320, I wonder for how many it is because of Sig’s reputation, and for how many it is because they have actual experience shooting a 320 for thousands of rounds?

I don’t like Sig’s business style, but I see my wife’s Legion, and the Legions of my friends, successfully shooting thousands of rounds in a competitive environment.
    I don't have thousands of rounds. I do know that they fared poorly in our T&E that ultimately selected Glock. I do know the particular example I shot grouped well but POI was not at POA, although other examples with the exact same supposed set up were. Something like an 8" spread at 25y between various examples for POI vs POA.

I am not saying I wouldn't trust one. I'm saying that for me there's no compelling reason for me to make the experiment to find out.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Vending Machine Operator
    For my two cents the real sleeper remains the Smith M2.0, which is crazy to me given how much I disliked the loose, slippery 1.0 guns. I've shot a 320 and I fail to see how the 2.0 is its lesser in any way (I guess the chassis thing, but what percentage of end users actually use that) and better RDO support. The 2.0s have actually made me a bit of a Smith fanboy. We'll see how that holds up over long term round counts.

Even as a M2.0 fanboy, though, I have zero issue with agencies choosing Glock, which remains pistol-for-pistol probably the most drama-free wide-issue pistol out there. If I was making an agency level decision, for a few hundred officers, I'd probably choose the Gen5 Glocks, my own personal M2.0 fandom notwithstanding.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The security arm of the French national railway company just chose the p320 compact in 9mm to replace their ruger sp101s.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    The security arm of the French national railway company just chose the p320 compact in 9mm to replace their ruger sp101s.
    I wonder what the odds are of those 101s making it to the surplus market...
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I never trust any firearm right out of the box. I get more confident with it after I have put 500-1000rds through it and push its abilities. I "generally" trust the P320s offered as LE/Military purchase(has specific SKU), or flagship guns like the P320 X5 Legion. Any Sigs outside of that I would give a greater degree of skepticism until I had put over 1000rds through it, detail stripped it, and was satisfied that nothing seemed abnormal.
    A man with an experience, is not a slave to a man with an opinion.

User Tag List