Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    - Their competition models are raining lead on paper and steel without hiccups, practicality taking over divisions and winning matches from locals to Nats
    Perhaps. But competitive shooters - especially high performers - don’t treat (mistreat) their pistols the way LE/mil personnel will.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Who dat?

This little infomercial made its way here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANG...ature=youtu.be
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I purchased a P320-RX - the original. Maybe it's the way things were handled that's left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm being unfairly biased - but after the whole P320 thing that I observed I'm struggling to trust the whole company now, not just the P320.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Perhaps. But competitive shooters - especially high performers - don’t treat (mistreat) their pistols the way LE/mil personnel will.
    They do shoot a lot more though. Regardless, I didn't get a feeling that the original post was about merits of this pistol as a mass issued item. I thought it was a private ownership that was being discussed here.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No, I would not trust a P320.

In fact, for the most part, I have an innate distrust of most new striker guns. The fact that the P320, PPQ, VP9, FN 509 can all drop the striker with a sharp rap is a enough for me to say, "No." It appears the APX and M&P 2.0 are better, but I'm cautious.

Then again, you're talking to a guy whose preference is to carry a gun that was designed almost 110 years ago. So...I'm not exactly a guy who is fast to trust or adopt anything.

Say no more.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    What Sig sells to mil/le is NOT the same quality they sell to us peasants, so the adoption of the pistol by them, should have no influence on us.
    What are the differences?

The agency I just retired from was contemplating swapping to the P320 from GG22's about 2 years ago. I currently own a fullsize .45, an X-Carry, a sub compact (w/ X-Compact grip module), and just sold my M17. I was able to fieldstrip the agency gun and finger-bang it briefly when we had it, and I can't see any obvious differences in my personal weapons (purchased either new retail or used...not LEO program).

I've been carrying my X-Carry for about a year at my new job, but just replaced it with a VP9...not due to any safety/reliability concerns, I just found that I like/shoot the H&K a little better. The X-Carry is now my bedside handgun.

I can't comment on Sig's leadership or business practices, as I don't have any knowledge of what's been going on (I know about Dropgate). But I suspect they're as shady and underhanded as the management practices of numerous large corporations.
    Last edited by kwb377; 11-24-2019 at 09:47 PM.

No. BIL bought a 226 legion, sat in a dehumidified safe for a week, had surface rust

Friend bought a 320 X-carry, carried if for 2 weeks, and the mag release was so rusted that it would stick open. It wasn't even light surface stuff, you can see pitting. They also wanted him to pay shipping and a service fee for fixing the gun

Site Supporter
    There's a whole lot of M17's in holsters worn by combat arms guys out in this neck of the woods. A lot of them look pretty rough already. I talked to an E5 carrying one in a chow hall not long ago; he's with an Armored element and he said the first 30-40 or so pistols they had got the shit ran out of them to get the whole Brigade through a familiarization fire/qualifications, and they were reputedly very reliable and the Soldiers overwhelmingly preferred the M17 to the M9.

Which is about what I expected, to be honest. I'm hoping this means I can be that codger that's okay with keeping an M9 while everyone else gets M17's, when it's finally our turn to get M17's.

Would I Trust a 320?

Yes. No more or less that any other striker fired action. I read through the posts and see a lot of subjective bashing. Subjective, meaning that the actual use of the pistol in the field doesn’t reflect an increased rate of an unexpected loud noise than any other striker fired action. If someone knows where that data is please point us to it. FYI - I don’t own one and have no dog in the fight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I wouldn’t trust anything with a SIG SAUER rollmark, including the P-320.

I know enough about business management to realize decisions like “Dropgate” don’t happen in a vacuum. A well led company knows profit is earned by gaining and retaining customers. It is NOT the goal of the organization.

Profit is in fact a byproduct of making happy customers. But if that metric becomes the only goal, it leads to all kinds of strife and havoc. Hell, you don’t even need a customer to have profit- just cut your expenses enough, or invent customers by creating fraudulent transactions or inventory management. It’s unethical and will kill your org, but the short term profit metrics look good!

When management of a company decides its metrics are more important then healthy or happy customers, it points to a systemic decision process around that philosophy. What other “dropgate” skeletons lurk in Sigs closet we don’t know about? The P320s just the most visible of Sigs multitude of SKUs. Since their corporate legal and product resolution team are now the same department, I’m done with the House of Sauer.
    This 100x...

User Tag List