Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

No way, no how. Especially not AIWB. Which is a shame because the form factors of the XC, 365 and 365XL are outstanding. And they have really embraced the idea of optics ready.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I’m fairly sure that was resolved with a different follower. Though I could be wrong I just happened to browse a thread about it a while ago.

Paging @Larry Sellers, I know he has experience with this subject.
    I have read about swapping followed fixing the issue, I just don’t think that should be my responsibility as the consumer to modify a product to make it reliable. If Glock themselves fixed the issue that’s a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I would not, based on knowledge and experience of Sig's utter and complete lack of QC and basic morals as a company. I LOVE the design of the P320, but I don't trust Sig to make them correctly. The one (X-Carry) that I had went back to Sig twice in two months for warranty repair (after some fighting), then went down the road with full disclosure because I just won't trust it.

On top of that, fuck Cohen and his total lack of morality.
    This is basically how I feel about it. I just wasn’t sure if I was overthinking it or something like that. It’s winter so I’m currently carrying my P30L (which I love). I want to try a striker fired that isn’t Glock and I looked at the P320 and just didn’t feel like I could trust it. I know some people have had issues with the VP9 as well though.

Funny thread.

SIG has certainly made it easy to be hated. Starting from.this gem Sig Sauer also contends that ATF placed too great an emphasis upon reliability in determining which offers should continue to phase III.
    U.S. GAO-B-402339.3
    and to its abhorrent behavior after finding out the drop safety problem. I am no exception, I despise the company.

As to the merits of their products,
    - Their latest duty offering went neck in neck in the trials supposedly done for shooters and with shooters direct involvement
    - They won trials of a no BS European military
    - Their competition models are raining lead on paper and steel without hiccups, practicality taking over divisions and winning matches from locals to Nats
    - A number of us here, not necessarily complete rookies, have not had any troubles with 365XL. At all.
    - Their gen3 PCC is the best out of box PCC.

Hate and emotions aside, I'd have zero problems carrying a post upgrade P320. I am a Glock guy, but I dont think that the P320 is inferior to Glock.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Would I trust the P320?

I would trust a personal example I had a chance to put 1,000 rounds through.

I don't trust the company, however, and would not opt to put my own money into a P320 when I can choose any number of alternatives. If I were on the selection committee for an agency, I wouldn't vote for the P320, either.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    - They won trials of a no BS European military
    Who dat?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Would I trust the P320?

I would trust a personal example I had a chance to put 1,000 rounds through.

I don't trust the company, however, and would not opt to put my own money into a P320 when I can choose any number of alternatives. If I were on the selection committee for an agency, I wouldn't vote for the P320, either.

Who dat?
    The Danes maybe? Replaced the P210.

What Sig sells to mil/le is NOT the same quality they sell to us peasants, so the adoption of the pistol by them, should have no influence on us.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I wouldn't carry a cocked single action with no safety, and the M17 safety looks possibly awkward to use and like it would interfere with actuating the slide catch tab. And there's no Gadget for it. So no, I don't own one and wouldn't carry it.

However, I find the way it points for me and the grip module ecosystem compelling enough I'm contemplating going all in on the P250. It shares magazines, barrels and grip modules with the P320, so it should feed just as reliably. Its trigger makes it a lot like a really nice K frame with 12, 15, 17 or 21 rounds on board and a Pic rail ahead of the trigger guard. And it has a built-in Gadget. (Sorry, Tom, but I think that's actually your way of expressing it.)
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    I really like the look and feel of some of the never P320s, like the X-Compact. However, I feel like SIG is just one problem after another with these guns. It just seems like there’s some issues popping up all the time, and maybe SIG handles them well, but I don’t want to be a test dummy with the tools I trust my life to. How do you feel? Or is it better sticking with a more reliable brand like HK (not glock since I live in CT)?
    The 320 might be fine. Sigs customer service probably won’t be fine if you get a bad one. A VP9 and VP9sk would cover all your bases if you want something other than Glock.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I wouldn't carry a cocked single action with no safety, and the M17 safety looks possibly awkward to use and like it would interfere with actuating the slide catch tab. And there's no Gadget for it. So no, I don't own one and wouldn't carry it.

However, I find the way it points for me and the grip module ecosystem compelling enough I'm contemplating going all in on the P250. It shares magazines, barrels and grip modules with the P320, so it should feed just as reliably. Its trigger makes it a lot like a really nice K frame with 12, 15, 17 or 21 rounds on board and a Pic rail ahead of the trigger guard. And it has a built-in Gadget. (Sorry, Tom, but I think that's actually your way of expressing it.)

I wish I had bought 4 P250s when they were being sold cheap.

User Tag List