Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

I'm not seeing many complaints/issues with the currently produced 320 family.

But I'll never fathom why anybody would willfully spend money on a company that knowingly let thousands of people endanger many thousands more people by carrying the pre-drop safe models. And even after being publically outed on it not issuing a true and proper recall. It's absolutely fucking criminal and all involved should be behind bars. I was heavily invested in the 320s, absolutely loved shooting them. Was a huge sig fan for decades until then. Fuck 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve had two commercial P365’s fail Armorer inspection due to manufacturing defects.

The disparity between the commercial and Govt P320s is interesting.

Glock’s drop safe issues and “not a recall” predated the NYPD Issues. They had to set up a trailer with a machine shop at the NYPD range to fix their G19s. Not to mention the shenanigans with G22 gen3s not running with WML.
    Any chance you'd be willing to drop some specifics for the P365 failures to pass armorers inspection? It would be much appreciated if you can't I or prefer not to I understand. If PM is more appropriate I would greatly appreciate it. Additionally can you please rehash the DHS SKU. I can't seem to find the SKU in this thread. Actually no shit, asking for a family member though I've honestly tried to steer him towards a Gen5.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Any chance you'd be willing to drop some specifics for the P365 failures to pass armorers inspection? It would be much appreciated if you can't I or prefer not to I understand. If PM is more appropriate I would greatly appreciate it. Additionally can you please rehash the DHS SKU. I can't seem to find the SKU in this thread. Actually no shit, asking for a family member though I've honestly tried to steer him towards a Gen5.
    W320C-9-DHS but that is only for the 320 and outside GOV sakes it is only sold via our agency POW program.

We purchase POW P365s and now P365XLs via commercial/IOP Channels. The last 365 that failed had a QC issue with the takedown lever where it engaged the barrel lug. It was chipped / chewed up and made field stripping the gun difficult. The reason the other one failed escapes me at the moment.

W320C-9-DHS but that is only for the 320 and outside GOV sakes it is only sold via our agency POW program.

We purchase POW P365s and now P365XLs via commercial/IOP Channels. The last 365 that failed had a QC issue with the takedown lever where it engaged the barrel lug. It was chipped / chewed up and made field stripping the gun difficult. The reason the other one failed escapes me at the moment.
    Thank you Sir, I have a follow up question. Did you say that the M17/M18 models available to the civilian market met the same specs or do not appear to have the same issues as the P320 models? I think my brother was mostly interested in that line given that his unit is switching over to them, yay big Army. I am also curious as to your thoughts on the, "Professional Series" I believe another member stated he believed them to be GTG and they met the same requirements as the DHS contracted guns. Thank you again for the wealth of knowledge and willingness to share.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Thank you Sir, I have a follow up question. Did you say that the M17/M18 models available to the civilian market met the same specs or do not appear to have the same issues as the P320 models? I think my brother was mostly interested in that line given that his unit is switching over to them, yay big Army. I am also curious as to your thoughts on the, "Professional Series" I believe another member stated he believed them to be GTG and they met the same requirements as the DHS contracted guns. Thank you again for the wealth of knowledge and willingness to share.
    I have no idea about the commercial M17/18. My understanding is is they are just standard commercial FCUs. The only “real” ones were the first 1,000 “special edition” M17s and the ones traded back by the army and re-sold by SIG. the primary difference being the coatings on the FCU and FCU components.

The DHS 320 is essentially the same FCU (same coatings etc) as the actual DOD Contract M17/18 FCU except the DHS FCU does not have a thumb safety.

I recently acquired a 320 carry RXP Pro via the commercial IOP but it appears it is just a regular current production 320 FCU.

Cool

I have no idea about the commercial M17/18. My understanding is is they are just standard commercial FCUs. The only “real” ones were the first 1,000 “special edition” M17s and the ones traded back by the army and re-sold by SIG. the primary difference being the coatings on the FCU and FCU components.

The DHS 320 is essentially the same FCU (same coatings etc) as the actual DOD Contract M17/18 FCU except the DHS FCU does not have a thumb safety.

I recently acquired a 320 carry RXP Pro via the commercial IOP but it appears it is just a regular current production 320 FCU.
    And you've got some magazines to test with it!

Best, Jon

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

Sig claims (I know, I know) that the Pro Series FCU has the same surface treatments as the M17/18 series guns and the DHS guns. They told us that in writing.....but, yeah, Sig. This supposedly took effect this past February.

Of note is that I notice some differences in the Pro series guns and the RXP series factory equipped with an optic. Not at all convinced its the same animal.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Sig claims (I know, I know) that the Pro Series FCU has the same surface treatments as the M17/18 series guns and the DHS guns. They told us that in writing.....but, yeah, Sig. This supposedly took effect this past February.

Of note is that I notice some differences in the Pro series guns and the RXP series factory equipped with an optic. Not at all convinced its the same animal.
    I have one of the few original run that were returned by the Army and sold to the public. I'd be happy to photo the insides so that can be compared.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    And you've got some magazines to test with it!

Best, Jon
    Yes I’ve been using them - no issues so far. Need to look at the legion base plate - does it act as an over insertion stop ?

Yes I’ve been using them - no issues so far. Need to look at the legion base plate - does it act as an over insertion stop ?
    Yes, the Henning Group/Legion baseplate on the sides expands past the magazine tube, forming a "stop shelf" for lack of a better term. They, and the GrayGuns/Taylor Freelance aluminum Hard Duty Use basepads work extremely well with my X-Carry grip module.

Best, Jon

User Tag List