Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

I’m reading that Sig dropped the X-Carry model. Is that a true? I haven’t read this thread very closely so sorry if it’s been discussed already.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I’m reading that Sig dropped the X-Carry model. Is that a true? I haven’t read this thread very closely so sorry if it’s been discussed already.
    Replaced by the xcarry R2. It has an updated optic cut to fit a Deltapoint/Romeo1pro and they eliminated the lint catcher on the forward portion on the slide.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 01-18-2020 at 01:07 PM.

You jerks cost me $100 for a Xcompact frame and mag today. Better than the $600 if I would have found a full xcompact in stock locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    You jerks cost me $100 for a Xcompact frame and mag today. Better than the $600 if I would have found a full xcompact in stock locally.
    If it makes you feel any better, I’m about to get an X-Carry and then pay to have it cut to take compact mags.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I trust mine never had issues

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I wouldn't carry a cocked single action with no safety, and the M17 safety looks possibly awkward to use and like it would interfere with actuating the slide catch tab. And there's no Gadget for it. So no, I don't own one and wouldn't carry it.

However, I find the way it points for me and the grip module ecosystem compelling enough I'm contemplating going all in on the P250. It shares magazines, barrels and grip modules with the P320, so it should feed just as reliably. Its trigger makes it a lot like a really nice K frame with 12, 15, 17 or 21 rounds on board and a Pic rail ahead of the trigger guard. And it has a built-in Gadget. (Sorry, Tom, but I think that's actually your way of expressing it.)
    Try the M17 and M18 variants as they have well designed external safeties.

I despise Sigarms’ Management.

I adore the DESIGN CONCEPT of the P320.

The bore could have been a hair lower and the stippling could have been more like the P-10C but... they shoot very well.

You heavily discount an M17 or M18 and I’d try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Born and raised in CT. Left shortly after new AWB. I thought about what I would have done if I had stayed. Likely would be rocking G48s/26s and M&P45s. M&P9s for range time. HK is a good alternative, too.

As for SIG, I have a buddy that was an engineer for them. He had lots of horror stories. I would not trust the P320 or any other new SIG product for self-defense, and don't plan to give them any of my money any time soon.
    Could you possibly share some of the issues and concerns your buddy experienced?

Thanks in advance.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Could you possibly share some of the issues and concerns your buddy experienced?

Thanks in advance.

Don't want to get into specifics as they are his stories to share, but in general: high employee turnover (especially factory floor + midlevel managers), lots of corners cut in selecting subcontractors and parts suppliers, a healthy dose of OSHA-flavored concerns, and poor employee morale. He told me after just 3 months there that he wouldn't buy a single SIG product even with the fairly hefty employee discount. He left after a year or so to work as an engineer for a company outside the firearms industry and is much happier there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Don't want to get into specifics as they are his stories to share, but in general: high employee turnover (especially factory floor + midlevel managers), lots of corners cut in selecting subcontractors and parts suppliers, a healthy dose of OSHA-flavored concerns, and poor employee morale. He told me after just 3 months there that he wouldn't buy a single SIG product even with the fairly hefty employee discount. He left after a year or so to work as an engineer for a company outside the firearms industry and is much happier there.
    That mirrors an associate of mine who had a friend who worked there, too.

It’s a damned shame.

I was also made aware of IndoMIM (the Indian company who made the P-Series small parts) making substandard MIM parts and the company decision to (try) to “correct” those parts as opposed to trashing them.

I *think*/HOPE that the last four debacles (IndoMIM, P320, P365, MCX) will have them properly Engineering their products.

I’ll always like the design concepts but as a company, no.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    That mirrors an associate of mine who had a friend who worked there, too.

It’s a damned shame.

I was also made aware of IndoMIM (the Indian company who made the P-Series small parts) making substandard MIM parts and the company decision to (try) to “correct” those parts as opposed to trashing them.

I *think*/HOPE that the last four debacles (IndoMIM, P320, P365, MCX) will have them properly Engineering their products.

I’ll always like the design concepts but as a company, no.

Thanks.

IndoMIM still makes a huge percentage of the parts for the P320, including most of the fiddly bits in the FCU.

User Tag List