Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

@AMC

Like I said...I pity you.

Trend observed at USPSA matches — the Legion 320 is the single most common pistol being used for Production/Carry Optics. Glocks use, relative to the Legion, is about like in years past, the use of the XD compared to a Glock.

I walked into a gun store in Scottsdale, and overheard an interaction between gun sales guy and customer. Question — “how is Sig’s quality?” Answer — the” best of any gun we sell, and they even improved the design of the 1911 with an external extractor.” Not kidding. Looking around, I see where Sig is a retailer’s dream, between handguns, long guns, optics and ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Trend observed at USPSA matches — the Legion 320 is the single most common pistol being used for Production/Carry Optics. Glocks use, relative to the Legion, is about like in years past, the use of the XD compared to a Glock.
    That's fairly representative of my area as well. Glock is always doing well, but there's also a load of CO guys running some sort of Sig 320. Couple guys running XDs, maybe like one shooting M&Ps, the wannabe GMs run CZ shadows and the tactical timmies have a Zev Glock in a retention holster.

As for Sigs "Improvement of the 1911" I don't know whether to retch or admit that they have a point...

I bet if JMB designed today's service handgun, it would be a lot like the M17. The thumb safety is intuitive, the trigger is short and light in travel, and it has a magazine of appropriate capacity compared to it's contemporaries... it's the modern day 1911

And this is from one of the only single stack shooters who shows up to matches in my area [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

CWM11B

I walked into a gun store in Scottsdale, and overheard an interaction between gun sales guy and customer. Question — “how is Sig’s quality?” Answer — the” best of any gun we sell, and they even improved the design of the 1911 with an external extractor.” Not kidding. Looking around, I see where Sig is a retailer’s dream, between handguns, long guns, optics and ammo.
    That is interesting, and makes me wonder if pistol preferences, like LE, is regional. My LGS can barely move Sigs and typically will only order them with cash up front. Around here one would think Glock was the hammer of Thor and bestowed upon the land by every deity known to man (I'm not in that crowd, but not a hater).

I tried to like the thing, and when our area rep came to my old shop we put it through the paces. It shot fine, but felt cheap to me (subjective, I acknowledge). This was before the drop debacle became public. We were two years into our new M&Ps, so there was no way we were going to switch. I did tell him that if it had been available when we were looking it would have been considered. Doubtful it would have been selected based on our past experience with them, but it would have gotten a fair shake from the evaluation team.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 01-05-2020 at 10:17 AM.

CO in my area is a really mixed bag, the most diverse I’ve seen. We have Glocks, Sig P320s, M&Ps, and CZs as expected. More than a few people are running Walther. Seen at least three guys running classic Sig DA/SA guns. I know I’ve also seen at least one of the following, 92 variant, FN, XDm, and Tanfos.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    That is interesting, and makes me wonder if pistol preferences, like LE, is regional.
    It is, in my experience. I am not seeing the X5/Legion dominating the CO game in my area. We've maybe three guys shooting it, which is on par with Canik or CZ representation. Glock still holds the majority.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    That is interesting, and makes me wonder if pistol preferences, like LE, is regional. My LGS can barely move Sigs and typically will only order them with cash up front. Around here one would think Glock was the hammer of Thor and bestowed upon the land by every deity known to man (I'm not in that crowd, but not a hater).

I tried to like the thing, and when our area rep came to my old shop we put it through the paces. It shot fine, but felt cheap to me (subjective, I acknowledge). This was before the drop debacle became public. We were two years into our new M&Ps, so there was no way we were going to switch. I did tell him that if it had been available when we were looking it would have been considered. Doubtful it would have been selected based on our past experience with them, but it would have gotten a fair shake from the evaluation team.
    I’m all but certain it’s regional. One LGS I know will not stock new SIGs with the exception of the P365. The other keeps SIGs in stock, but they don’t move them with anywhere near the frequency they do Glocks. The first shop seems to move more Beretta 92s than SIGs. The second shop seems to move 92s and SIGs about equally.

Every shop I’ve seen close to me that really did well always makes sure to have at least a G17, G19, G43, and G42 in stock at all times.

My LGSs seem to be opposite. Hard to find a 365XL in the case or any of the X-Series P320s. P320 Legion's are gone the day they come in. They've had the same stock of Glock 17's, 43x's and 48's for the last 2 months, along with the non X-Series P320 variants. They do seem to sell a lot of 19's. Don't even stock XD anymore.

P320 dominates IDPA in my area. There are still a few Glocks and an occasional Beretta but mostly P320s.

I'm sure it's the price. Otherwise, I prefer Walther Q5 SF. Both fit my hands okay, iron sights are the same, but the trigger is better on the Walther. Seems easier to feel through take-up and the squeeze. Although admittedly it's my low level of experience speaking. But either way, the SIG is way cheaper.

SIG has factory 21-round magazines, while Walther tops out at 17. Perhaps that is a factor too.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 01-05-2020 at 10:05 PM.

User Tag List