Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson CS Experience. Not Good…

Dan Wesson CS Experience. Not Good…

I bought a DW Guardian last December. After noticing matching marks under the slide’s finish, I shipped it back to Dan Wesson in March. I called to see how things were going, and they told me they were going to replace the entire pistol…???? They couldn’t give me ANY timetable for the manufacture of a new pistol. When I asked if it would be ready in the next 6 months, the rep gave a long pause, and said they make them in batches during the year. I don’t know how that helps me, and it’s the worst CS I’ve experienced with a gun manufacturer to date.

Does anyone have a positive experience with these people? TIA

I had varying satisfaction with their CS over the years prior to the acquisition by CZ.

The level of satisfaction ranged from excellent to poor. About 75% was good to excellent and 25% spotty to poor.

However, there was never a time that any issue was left unresolved. All issues were communications related . . . . never an issue with work or product quality.

Zero experience since the acquisition.

I've had good and bad experience with all gun companies.

Should they stop the presses and build you a new gun? Probably, but right now they may not even have the parts with all the shortages being caused by the pandemic. I do think it was a nice gesture for them to take the initiative on building you an entire new gun.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I had three DW 1911s over the years and none of them was reliable.

They tried to fix two of them to no avail..

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Should they stop the presses and build you a new gun? Probably, but right now they may not even have the parts with all the shortages being caused by the pandemic. I do think it was a nice gesture for them to take the initiative on building you an entire new gun.
    This is a weird one. I noticed light matching marks under sting light, but once you see something… The Guardian ran 100%, and I thought they could just recoat the slide; maybe replace it at most. I strongly considered just using Duracoat in an aerosol can, but they told me to send it in.

Name:  IMG_1357.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  27.4 KB

They used to have pretty good CS, but during the pandemic CZ took CS away from Dan Wesson and they’re doing it all out of Kansas City (CZ) now. I think it’s gone downhill since then.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    They used to have pretty good CS, but during the pandemic CZ took CS away from Dan Wesson and they’re doing it all out of Kansas City (CZ) now. I think it’s gone downhill since then.
    Isnt the custom shop guy gone?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Isnt the custom shop guy gone?
    Keith Lawton, the VP, oversaw the customs (and built some himself). He is still there. Endre Toth was a ‘smith that oversaw the warranty work. He may have done some of the customs, but I’m not positive. He’s not with the company anymore, unfortunately. He’s a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Keith Lawton, the VP, oversaw the customs (and built some himself). He is still there. Endre Toth was a ‘smith that oversaw the warranty work. He may have done some of the customs, but I’m not positive. He’s not with the company anymore, unfortunately. He’s a good guy.
    The service guy is the one I was thinking of. Didnt they stop doing custom work?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

DW lost a lot of their key players when the state shut them down during COVID. Warranty is now done by CZ in Kansas City. This all a damned shame. Pre-pandemic, DW was the best thing going in production 1911s. My eight year old Valor is rock solid, as is my CZ1911A1. I shot the Valor this morning at my old geezer retired cop qual. I don't know about the current guns.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List