Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I have not. I may get a macro module to try it out, but I’m thinking the the slide weight will make the biggest difference. It’s more about shootability to me than capacity.
    A compensator is an additional option. @JCN has got time behind a compensated P365X.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I didn’t notice much difference between the XL and the Macro grip module as far as shootability. The P320 X-compact was much more pleasant to shoot, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    A compensator is an additional option. @JCN has got time behind a compensated P365X.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    My main reason was that I am very invested in P365s (mainly XLs) for carry. They’re fantastic guns, but they aren’t full size pistols. For practicing, home defense and possibly even a side arm while hunting I want a bigger gun. I don’t switch guns well any more, I don’t practice enough for that and I’ve found the grip/trigger finger placement I need for the 365 is pretty specific and doesn’t work as well for me with Glocks, 1911s, whatever.

The nice part too with the gun being fully module I can by a 320 compact, and with just a magazine and a grip module have a carry model as well.
    Thanks @WobblyPossum for the tag. @Mitch here are some additional options from my experience, I can elaborate on any of them if you like.

1. CZ 75B very similar index presentation to the P365 for me. Practicing with them means I can just grab and go for my P365s. Steel CZs have lots of options for grip sizes and shapes for fine tuning as well.

2. Glocks with humpectomies (reducing the back bump) point like P365s.

3. 1911s with reduced arched mainspring housings (I bought G10 arched housings from Hogue and Dremeled them down to match angle).

4. P229/226 are very comfortable to shoot, available for not much money and have compatible grip angles to the P365s.

5. "Open" style P365s. You can do a compensated XL or X with TLR7 and it'll be pretty shootable. I prefer the Armory Craft compensator with a True Barrel since it's a longer barrel and heavier compensator than the PMM. If you did a TLR1 on a Macro it'd be even more shootable.

This is an "Open" style P365x with AC comp, TLR7 and True barrel. 0.15s splits are easy and controllable.

This is with an XL slide:

Site Supporter
    If I was carrying 365s, didn't like swapping guns, and wanted a similar pistol for the house or hiking, I think a Macro with a vetted magazine extension, WML, comp, and optic or sights of choice would be an easy choice.

Anything you lose in on paper performance to a true full size gun, you get back in the confidence of something so similar to what you carry and shoot already.

Wisconsin Officer Claims His P320 Went Off

I see a finger in the trigger guard! The image below occurs at 19 seconds. I took a screenshot at .25X playback speed.

Name:  IMG_6159.jpeg
Views: 467
Size:  70.4 KB

Last edited by FrankB; 05-04-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I see a finger in the trigger guard! The image below occurs at 19 seconds. I took a screenshot at .25X playback speed.

Name:  IMG_6159.jpeg
Views: 467
Size:  70.4 KB

Impressive you found that! Its hard to get to exactly that frame as there are several images within each 1 second interval.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Impressive you found that! Its hard to get to exactly that frame as there are several images within each 1 second interval.
    Thanks! I just did it again, but it was a bit more difficult

Name:  IMG_6163.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Thanks! I just did it again, but it was a bit more difficult

Name:  IMG_6163.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  42.4 KB
    I hit pause then drug back n forth till I found it. It took a bunch of times because im on my phone but I finally got it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Well that should make someone change their story...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

It suppose it could be the low quality image and/or angle of view, but it looks like his index finger is up on the slide and his middle finger is in the trigger guard?

User Tag List