Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

Thank you for the design difference insight, @HCM

Yes, I started with the spectre comp, then the macro, and now the tacops which is basically an xl slide on a macro frame with a mag well. The latest non-ported version is the best by far.

Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    Accidental post
    AD or ND?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    AD or ND?
    Definitely AD

At this point, I feel like there needs to be an organization focused entirely around the AD / ND issue for guns in general. It's 2023. For "it just went off" to still get traction as a valid defense or accusation is just preposterous.

Just me rambling but, I feel like it needs to be made socially and legally unacceptable for such a discussion or case to not specify the EXACT mechanical function that created the issue.

It's science and we're talking about mechanical devices. This shouldn't be that hard. Never ceases to amaze me how, because it's firearms, all logic goes right out the window. Not directing this at anyone here, just broader society.

Just talking generally: Gun goes KB? What exact model and variant? What production date? Is it all OEM? If not, what exact modifications? What are the post-KB measured specs of all components (e.g. is the barrel out of spec causing an OOB KB? etc)? What ammunition? If factory loads, what exact load and batch? What are the measurements and weights of the remaining rounds in from that box/batch? If hand loads, what are the specs on all components and alleged powder charge? How do those specs compare to the remaining hand loads in the magazine or from that batch?

I realize I'm probably living in a fantasy world where things are that logical and easy.

Gun Jesus with a walk through on P320 issues over time:

I tend to agree with the above vid, especially the gun just shooting by itself find that really hard to believe.

I know a guy who’s XDm went off by itself in his holster, that is after he pushed the gun down(making sure it was seated in the holster)thus deactivating the grip safety. While the draw string from his windbreaker was inadvertently wrapped around his trigger in the holster.

I’ve carried Glocks on and off duty for a very long time, I’m very comfortable carrying a striker fired gun with a partially cocked striker and a trigger safety without a manual safety. But if it has a fully cocked striker and no trigger safety, I would like a manual safety on the gun. My only Sig right now is a M17, I really like it. While I believe most all of the Sig bashing is poppycock, I’ll only own the ones with a manual safety do to the reasons I noted above, not because I think it’s a dangerous or faulty gun. It’s just more susceptible to humane mistakes, we all have our own comfort zone. I’m not saying my thinking is right or gospel, just that that’s my own feelings on it.

I met an officer whose off duty carry is a Glock, thrown in a purse with a bunch of other shit. She hasn't shot herself or something else yet, but if she had a 320 I believe she would have. My brutally honest evaluation is that most cops, and most non-cops, should carry revolvers with a 12# DAO trigger. I want a 320 with a safety as the not quite poor man's Staccato.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I don’t have a Facebook account. Can someone who does be able to post the contents of Bruce Grays post here?

Name:  D262FAC1-78A2-4849-ACAC-B3AF1E9AB8CF.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  49.1 KB

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I don’t have a Facebook account. Can someone who does be able to post the contents of Bruce Grays post here?

Regarding the point of the post, and Stoegers broader ongoing conversation about the 320, an OOB detonation with even factory ammo CAN produce a case failure. I saw that. Kept the case on my desk for a long time. That incident is the one I've described before. Extractor blown out. It was put back in and the gun.functioned normally after that.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post

I don't know how to do it because the post itself is a series of photos with annotations. The explanations are in a 200+ replies thread. The point of it is him setting up a p320 that could fire out of battery and then firing four rounds, each at a progressively longer out of battery distance. None of those four casings blew up or expanded excessively, thus, in his opinion, proving definitively that P320s don't blow up because of OOB ignitions. He blames bad ammo.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List