Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 272

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

  1. #131
    Member CWM11B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Looking for signal in a cacophony of noise
    And all those "parakeet" (parroted, perhaps?) videos, plus the first hand observations of members here, negate your assertion that one needs some Rube Goldberg contraption to produce a drop fire.

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Got you. I'm pretty sure I understand your motivation. If it's what I think it is, I'd be looking for a trade to another platform. That, or if I had an upgraded one, I'd buy a kinetic bullet puller and satisfy myself my sample was good to go.

    For the sake of us that donít get the option to sell certain guns due to work frowning on selling gov property, can you clarify if this is a pre or post modification gun?

  3. #133
    Member CWM11B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Looking for signal in a cacophony of noise
    Beats me. Not my video. I took cornstalker's reason for asking as that he had a post modification gun. If I was required to carry one, I would make sure it had the "upgrade" and I would drop the hell out of it with primed cases from my carry ammo. The one I saw was pre modified. Fortunately for me, I get to choose what I carry these days. And it isn't going to be a Sig made during the Cohen era.

  4. #134
    Hammertime
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Sorry to sound like a broken record...

    Was that also a pre-upgrade gun?

    Yes. It would not do that post repair.

  5. #135
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    That's pretty good... I originally thought the Omaha video was the one made by a guy who made a special harness out of cord so he could drop his SIG the exact same way every time so it would go off. I will search for that video, and I should be able to find it, but everybody and their parakeets started making P320 drop videos about that time. I'll post it when I find it. The harness thingamajig was actually the first video I saw on the subject and I erroneously credited it to the first Omaha video. I should have said this when I added the video to my post.
    There were known issues and warning signs about the P320ís In the lawn Forssman community due to issues with weapons being dropped on firing range is during training. What really broke the story was the Connecticut SWAT cop who dropped a duty belt containing a loaded SIG P320 while loading gear into his vehicle after training. The holstered gun discharged striking him in the knee at an upward angle. After months of unsuccessfully Attempting to settle with Zac privately the Connecticut cop and his attorney filed suit in federal court.

    This turned out to be the first of four known instances of dropped original design P320ís going off including one other that resulted in injury to an LEO.

    All the Internet video drama b******t came later. The video you were talking about with a sling contraption to control the angle at which a dropped pistol strikes was actually produced and released by SIG later in an attempt to minimize the issue.

    Your argument that the drop safety issue with the original Sigg P320 design was some sort of fake issue or parlor trick is horseshit.

    As to your earlier comments about not worrying about a drop safe gun because of ďsafety being between your earsĒ If you have never dropped a handgun, fallen with a handgun in your hand or been in a physical altercation with a handgun in your hand then maybe you donít have the practical experience to be commenting on these matters.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-11-2019 at 03:31 AM.

  6. #136
    Member John Hearne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Mississippi
    Yes, every day.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

  7. #137

    320 is overengineered

    If you look at the complexity of a P320 FCU and slide components. Compared to any other striker Fired gun it's insanely complex. Good luck with long term environmental survival as the size and tolerance are far above anything else. A Glock, Beretta APX, and many others went for reduced components and bigger parts to aid in reliability long term.

  8. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    WOW. What I find amazing is the utter hate for a firearm and a company most on here have not experienced any issue with. This reminds me of the Beretta PX4 back around 4 to 5 years ago when the majority of the post on this form was hate concerning the design. I remember posting about how happy I was with the two I had and how well they were performing only to be told the design was junk and that I had better carry a rubber mallet for when they would seize up.

    It was only after Mr. Langdon began testing and discussing the PX4 that all the hate vanished. So how long before some well know writer or competitor begins working with the P320 that everyone here falls in love with the design.

  9. #139
    Vending Machine Operator
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. West
    Quote Originally Posted by kcevans View Post
    WOW. What I find amazing is the utter hate for a firearm and a company most on here have not experienced any issue with. This reminds me of the Beretta PX4 back around 4 to 5 years ago when the majority of the post on this form was hate concerning the design. I remember posting about how happy I was with the two I had and how well they were performing only to be told the design was junk and that I had better carry a rubber mallet for when they would seize up.

    It was only after Mr. Langdon began testing and discussing the PX4 that all the hate vanished. So how long before some well know writer or competitor begins working with the P320 that everyone here falls in love with the design.
    The big difference is that Berettaís guns never fired when they were dropped, and Beretta didnít then try to hush that up and keep selling non-drop-safe firearms to end users including entire law enforcement agencies. And sell less reliable magazines to non-LE users. And similar shady practice.

    PF is a levelheaded forum, and evidence based. We didnít all wake up deciding to hate the P320 mindlessly. In fact, in the midst of the P320 controversy I purchased an SP2022 because itís a reliable, quality controlled design.

    Itís very easy to dismiss the skepticism as ďHaters ní FanboysĒ but Sig themselves have created this controversy through continuing corner cutting and corporate decision making that has lost sight of the end goal of delivering a reliable, safe service weapon. When they turn back from that, I be more than willing to put my money down again. But thereís a reason I once owned 6 Sigs and now own 1, and it ainít because Iím a hater.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Assistant District Attorney (the jerk that makes you change your affidavit)| Admitted Beretta and S&W M2.0 Fanboy

  10. #140
    Member Alpha Sierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by ddown View Post
    If you look at the complexity of a P320 FCU and slide components. Compared to any other striker Fired gun it's insanely complex. Good luck with long term environmental survival as the size and tolerance are far above anything else. A Glock, Beretta APX, and many others went for reduced components and bigger parts to aid in reliability long term.
    Is this a professional assessment or a layman's opinion?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •