Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

Would you trust a P320?

I really like the look and feel of some of the never P320s, like the X-Compact. However, I feel like SIG is just one problem after another with these guns. It just seems like there’s some issues popping up all the time, and maybe SIG handles them well, but I don’t want to be a test dummy with the tools I trust my life to. How do you feel? Or is it better sticking with a more reliable brand like HK (not glock since I live in CT)?

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    I really like the look and feel of some of the never P320s, like the X-Compact. However, I feel like SIG is just one problem after another with these guns. It just seems like there’s some issues popping up all the time, and maybe SIG handles them well, but I don’t want to be a test dummy with the tools I trust my life to. How do you feel? Or is it better sticking with a more reliable brand like HK (not glock since I live in CT)?
    I live in CT as well. I’m wondering what the issue with owning a Glock is?

p320's are a NO GO.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Vending Machine Operator
    Honestly? I probably would. Most of them are probably fine.

But I wouldn’t buy and carry one, because I don’t want to support the kind of underhanded corporate behavior and doublespeak Sig seems fond of these days.

I’d feel much, much better with a M2.0, VP9, Gen4 or Gen5 Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I do, but I don't recomend them to anyone. I'm still training with and carrying upgraded 320's that I had before Dropgate. The examples in my posession have performed just fine. I don't think they'll spontaneously discharge...anymore.

If I was in a position to be issued one, I would not be concerned about it as long as I know it to have been through the upgrade program. The sheer amount of attention that comes along with a DoD-issue handgun means the level of scrutiny is high and issues are found quickly. I remember when the M9 entered DoD service and the concerns about cracked slides. That pistol went on to serve with no major issues, and most of the issues were caused by bad magazines or a total lack of lube. I expect the M17 guns to be much the same. There will be some initial issues, fixes will be found, and the guns will work just fine.

That being said, I am not going to spend my money on one as there are other designs that work better for me.

No, that goes for all Sig products.

I despise Sig for how they behave and won’t give them any more of my money. I would not be comfortable carrying a P320.

I was happy shooting p320s, and like a lot about the design. They are impressively durable, reliable, and accurate. The ergos work well for a wide variety of shooters.

There are a few weak points, including an ejector that can be bent by forceful magazine over insertion, and cannot be replaced (it is part of the FCU). There is a small spring in the striker assembly that is easy to lose. But not a bad design overall.

I sold all of mine because I prefer Glocks and CZs.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Not that anyone should care what I think, but: one, I am of the belief that anyone trying to make a Glock with "a lighter/better trigger" will get just that, with all that implies, so, no. And 2, fuck Sig Mgmt. for the way they handled the whole thing.

OMMV, obviously. I’m not going to unfriend any Sig owners on FB over it. Or series 70 Colt owners, or Colt SAA owners...
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

User Tag List