Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PMX pistol/PCC/SBS

Site Supporter

Beretta PMX pistol/PCC/SBR

The Beretta PMX is finally available in the US, and now I am extra sad about the brace ban.

PCCs/braced pistols often find their way on to my "want to buy" list, but they seldom make it to the top. The fact that I'd want to register this pistol as a SBR makes me less likely to buy it. However, if anyone shoots or buys one, I'd love to hear opinions on it. (Also, if we already have a thread on the PMX, I couldn't find it. Seems like we do though. Feel free to merge as appropriate.)

EDIT: I meant to write SBR in the title, not SBS. Oh well.
    Last edited by pangloss; 04-27-2023 at 10:39 PM.

If I didn’t already have my APC9 handling PCC/SBR duties, I’d probably buy one of these because I think it looks cool, I like Beretta as a company, and I never knew the B&T P26 was a thing when they were actually released.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

The LAST thing I need is another expensive gun with proprietary mags that are gonna be expensive.

But I LOVE Beretta, and this thing looks a lot sexier than an EVO Scorpion.

I like the look...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Does it take Glock mags, asking for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does this compare to the GHM9 (which can take Glock mags)?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    How does this compare to the GHM9 (which can take Glock mags)?
    The standard configuration for both the GHM and APC models from B&T take expensive proprietary mags which are fragile.

You can get these models with Glock or SIG P320 mag compatible lowers or you can upgrade an existing gun by buying the lower which is approximately $400.

It’s worth noting that when the US military bought the APC 9K they bought the standard BNT mad configuration rather than the Glock or Sig mag versions even though both of those pistols are in use with the U.S. Military.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Does it take Glock mags, asking for a friend

No, it's a B&T Pattern magazine, but Beretta redesigned them so they aren't quite so fragile.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    No, it's a B&T Pattern magazine, but Beretta redesigned them so they aren't quite so fragile.
    Was
    A
    Joke

I had a harebrained idea to SBR a CX4, because they're cheap and they take 92 mags, but this looks like a cooler option in every way other than cost.

According to TFB, the PMX is based on the TEC9, similar to B&T P26. Again, not seeing the appeal of this over the GHM9 in a similar price range. Also, from the TFBTV shooting footage, the mags look suspiciously like B&T mags. It'll be interesting to get more info as these show up in private owners' hands.

Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 05-05-2023 at 03:45 PM.

User Tag List