Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop in AR triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Larue MBT is equivalently performing to the 2 stage Geissele triggers if you’re wanting 2 stage.

Larue has a video of running a durability test rig on their trigger up in the hundreds of thousands of cycles IIRC. Their construction is out of solid barstock tool steel of an exceptional alloy, then fully machined out - no chance for casting inclusions or mold flow flaws like with Geissele.

Larue also doesn’t take ex-servicemen to court like a certain guy (G)

If you want to spend more money than a parts kit trigger, I’d skip over the ACT and other 50-70 triggers and do the Larue MBT. I love mine!
    No but G I’ve yet to see Bill shit talk another company just to get his fans to stroke his ego some more.

A lot of people like the Larue, especially for the price, but Geissele is still the gold standard. I’ve heard of some cassette triggers failing, couldn’t say which though. I’ve never paid much attention to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using Geissele for years in my duty rifles(the non-adjustable versions). The have proven to be very reliable and consistent. I also have run the ACT triggers and they are also a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Do you recall which fancy triggers and what sort of round counts?
    One was a cmc. It was around 500-600 as far as I remember. It was a light trigger and think it was possibly with his duty ammo? I am sorry I do not have more details. The other was another light weight race type trigger. Possibly a timney. Trigger spring broke at low round count.

If you are using it for defense or duty. I think it’s basically right inline with Glock. Some coMpanies are the go to for reliable trigger systems that work with a various range of ammo. And some are lightweight high speed stuff that is just not up to the task.

I have a Wilson Combat TTU in my AR but I don't have enough rounds to give a personal long term review.

It came highly recommended to me from various individuals, civilian, military and LE who have many more rounds with it in their rifles.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    One was a cmc. It was around 500-600 as far as I remember. It was a light trigger and think it was possibly with his duty ammo? I am sorry I do not have more details. The other was another light weight race type trigger. Possibly a timney. Trigger spring broke at low round count.

If you are using it for defense or duty. I think it’s basically right inline with Glock. Some coMpanies are the go to for reliable trigger systems that work with a various range of ammo. And some are lightweight high speed stuff that is just not up to the task.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's my experience too. Just curious on the brands.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Dang it Pistol Forum!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    One was a cmc.
    This message has no technical content:

I remember when CMC tried the "sue everybody" approach to market leadership a few years ago. Put them on my personal "do not buy" list.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

It's been a while since I looked into that whole thing but didn't it basically boil down to the guy broke an NDA or a non-compete dealing with intellectual property rights when he left?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This message has no technical content:

I remember when CMC tried the "sue everybody" approach to market leadership a few years ago. Put them on my personal "do not buy" list.
    Which is funny because doesn't Mossberg actually own the patent and licensing rights? I thought I read that a while back when someone (maybe CMC) was suing a bunch of companies.

I think I'll keep the cassette trigger (great description) in the lower I'm going to use for the 18" fun time build and put the ACT in the good lower.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Larue MBT is equivalently performing to the 2 stage Geissele triggers if you’re wanting 2 stage.

Larue has a video of running a durability test rig on their trigger up in the hundreds of thousands of cycles IIRC. Their construction is out of solid barstock tool steel of an exceptional alloy, then fully machined out - no chance for casting inclusions or mold flow flaws like with Geissele.

If you want to spend more money than a parts kit trigger, I’d skip over the ACT and other 50-70 triggers and do the Larue MBT. I love mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    No but G I’ve yet to see Bill shit talk another company just to get his fans to stroke his ego some more.

A lot of people like the Larue, especially for the price, but Geissele is still the gold standard. I’ve heard of some cassette triggers failing, couldn’t say which though. I’ve never paid much attention to them.

Meh, if two rich white dudes want to have an internet slap fight that lasts over a decade which leads to one of them designing a trigger that will hold it's own against the competition and sells it for $80-90 just to spite the other, I'm all for it.

I have a two stage Geissele trigger and a couple of LaRue MBT 2 stage triggers. It's painful to think what I paid for the Geissele trigger when I compare it side to side with the MBT.

I have heard people talk poorly about Rise Armament's manufacturing process and internal politics. As for cassette trigger assemblies, I've heard people having serious issues when a popped primer or some other debris gets inside and locks the whole assembly up, something that the unassembled triggers won't have as big an issue with.

User Tag List