Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop in AR triggers?

Drop in AR triggers?

I don't think I've ever seen any feedback based on long term usage of drop in trigger units like these .

I've got one in what will be my "good" carbine but it doesn't even have enough rounds to be broken in yet, much less any kind of serious evaluation of the trigger. Are they acceptable for a duty type setup or are they best for gaming/range use only?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I dont know about those specifically... I have the ALG ACT in 3 of my ARs and like it quite a bit for the price. Basically a smooth, rolling GI trigger.

Have LaRue MBT-2S in my other two ARs (scoped). Definitely best bang for your buck for a precision AR trigger IMO.

I've got an ACT in the parts box and it's my Plan B if the Rise isn't a great idea. I'd forgotten about LaRue. Is that the trigger they sell with a "gotta have it NOW" price and a cheaper "I'm willing to wait" price?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Drop in AR triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I've got an ACT in the parts box and it's my Plan B if the Rise isn't a great idea. I'd forgotten about LaRue. Is that the trigger they sell with a "gotta have it NOW" price and a cheaper "I'm willing to wait" price?
    Currently on sale for Black Friday for $80 each if buying one or two, $75 each if buying three or four, and $70 each if buying five or more.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 11-24-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Currently on sale for Black Friday for $80 each if buying one or two, $75 each if buying three or four, and $70 each if buying five or more.
    LaRue MBT-2S Black Friday Sale

Alg act here. I love mine. My buddy who ran a two stage geissele tried it and was super impressed. He actually pulled the two stage and Installed the alg. As said above it’s just a simple single stage with a clean break.

I have seen some of the fancy triggers fail miserably in high round guns. Geissele seems to be a safe bet for a high end two stage that will be reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Alg act here. I love mine. My buddy who ran a two stage geissele tried it and was super impressed. He actually pulled the two stage and Installed the alg. As said above it’s just a simple single stage with a clean break.

I have seen some of the fancy triggers fail miserably in high round guns. Geissele seems to be a safe bet for a high end two stage that will be reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you recall which fancy triggers and what sort of round counts?

Larue MBT is equivalently performing to the 2 stage Geissele triggers if you’re wanting 2 stage.

Larue has a video of running a durability test rig on their trigger up in the hundreds of thousands of cycles IIRC. Their construction is out of solid barstock tool steel of an exceptional alloy, then fully machined out - no chance for casting inclusions or mold flow flaws like with Geissele.

Larue also doesn’t take ex-servicemen to court like a certain guy (G)

If you want to spend more money than a parts kit trigger, I’d skip over the ACT and other 50-70 triggers and do the Larue MBT. I love mine!

Drop in AR triggers?

I have 2 MBTs, an ALG, and several Geissele triggers. The MBT is a great deal, and I have them on my home and camp defense guns. If cost was not a concern, the SSAE is my pick for best AR trigger. The SD3G is an awesome single stage as well.

I prefer all of them to any drop module.

I like the more open design, which allows clearance of debris, like blown primers, etc.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-24-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I have a couple of Geissele triggers in a couple Colts.

While they are uniformly excellent, I would not buy them today with the Larue MBT on the market.

The MBTs I have played with are 90-95% as good (those are purely speculative/pulled out of my ass figures) for 50% the price.

User Tag List