Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Morale patches

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The Last Starfighter

Like I said, "tremendous nerd." If I could get a Buckaroo Banzai one, I'd wear that, too
    I have seen some on Ebay and Amazon.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Damn it I meant to post it in the memes thread. I need moar coffee.
    Moved for you. Feel free to use the "report" if you need things moved, etc. due to lack of coffee, squirrel distractions, memory issues, or squirrel distractions, or memory issues.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Moved for you. Feel free to use the "report" if you need things moved, etc. due to lack of coffee, squirrel distractions, memory issues, or squirrel distractions, or memory issues.
    Thats a lot of good reasons. I think at least 5 of them apply to me.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I want to like morale patches, I really do. It just seems try hard to me, as a civilian guy (speaking for myself, not anyone else).

So, of course, I have two:
    Name:  918sc0HfQbL.__AC_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  15.5 KB
    A gift from some buddies, it's on the gym bag, and fairly discreet, so u don't mind it all.

Name:  TREAD-LGBT_2048x2048.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  82.5 KB
    This I got just in case I want to feel tactical, with the express purpose of annoying anyone available. It's been surprisingly ineffective on the few occasions I wear it, which maybe says something about humanity, or my peers, or that maybe most people just kinda don't get it, like my wife.

I like the idea of a "No Morale" patch, as well as a run of Maple Syrup team patches.

We like patches in aviation! Normally you make patches for any big airplane program...or small one... or for no reason...or screw ups. Without a doubt, I am a patch whore. I have designed about 3 or 4 patches, but have only made 2.

To tie-in some of the previous themes, our new VP said he did NOT want us to get into the usual us & them that happens between the different jet teams, always in good fun. That means no airplane specific patches, no morale patches, and no patches of other aircraft screw ups. At the time we didn't know my jet would end up in the news for a big oops. A patch would have been cool for that mess.

Of course we ignored the VP. We decided instead of patches we ordered the biggest custom belt buckles available. Included was a bottle opener, our tail number, and slogan. Talking to people they would always look down at your junk..."Eyes up here gazer!!!" Even the feds who flew with us bought some buckles.

Next year we are going to work with a group that always makes a patch. One of their guys, a former Marine, does the artwork. It always involves a chicken. My last event with these guys had the chicken puking a rainbow. Good stuff.

I wasn’t big on morale patches until I found out that they stick to the ceiling material in vehicles.

There's this:

Name:  IMG_4553.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  87.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I wasn’t big on morale patches until I found out that they stick to the ceiling material in vehicles.
    And dash covers in your Tahoe
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    There's this:

Name:  IMG_4553.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  87.1 KB
    Damn I miss our friend.

User Tag List