Thread: Morale patches

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Damn I miss our friend.
    PM sent

Site Supporter
    Name:  2C492FC2-567A-4B02-8C89-4B1EF62BD33D.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  101.9 KB
    Not a lot of morale patches but patches I have a plenty. Here’s the half I have at home. More at work.

Name:  EA18A683-666A-488C-8712-15A0AD6B799B.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  56.1 KB

The more worn of two Jack Daniels Visor covers that were made for me. Guess you could call them morale patches.

Name:  A5AEBB31-A0B8-4E94-86CF-7A75EA725923.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  52.2 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post

Attachment 64598
    This I got just in case I want to feel tactical, with the express purpose of annoying anyone available. It's been surprisingly ineffective on the few occasions I wear it, which maybe says something about humanity, or my peers, or that maybe most people just kinda don't get it, like my wife.
    I have this one, which causes cops to strike up conversations with me:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Here is another morale patch from early OIF. I look back now and a lot of the patches are pretty silly, but they were fun to collect and get.

Name:  JIATF-FRE.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  76.8 KB

JIATF-FRE (which was initially commanded by a LTC, who was a total badass) later became JIATF-HVI and the first CG was BG Craig Broadwater. BG Broadwater was also a badass. He was a Federal Judge in the civilian world and a SF guy in the National Guard.

BG Broadwater deployed to Iraq knowing that he had terminal cancer, but he wanted to get his licks in to the enemy. None of us knew he had cancer until after he returned to CONUS. He died just a few months after getting home.

He gave me this coin right before he left and it is one that I treasure to this day.

Name:  PXL_20201218_173026558.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  PXL_20201218_173018429.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  59.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have this one, which causes cops to strike up conversations with me:

Since a buddy of mine showed up to dinner once wearing a t-shirt like that, I've been threatening to find a flag version and fly it proudly. The wife is not happy, but I think I can still get away with it.

Since a buddy of mine showed up to dinner once wearing a t-shirt like that, I've been threatening to find a flag version and fly it proudly. The wife is not happy, but I think I can still get away with it.
    True story: I’m not a “logo” guy. If there is anything on my body promoting something, it’s a product or company owned by a friend. And I don’t have *that many* friends.

That said, one of the few times I’ve got my “snek” patch on my jacket, because, reasons, I ended the afternoon in a coffeeshop having snacks and drinks with the then-president of the faculty union, because, reasons at the time (long story, both the patch and the union guy—who was also a good friend. And a shooter, but I digress). So I pay for our cinnamon rolls and lattes, and head to our table. A guy who is obviously a plainclothes/OD cop chats me up, and asks about the patch. “Yeah, it’s mostly humorous,” I reply, “and it has to do with politics at work. Not normally part of my wardrobe...”

“Sure, I was just asking, because that’s often representative of citizens carrying concealed, gun culture and the like.” Responds my guy.

One thing leads to another, because I’m a chatty guy, and so is he. By the time I sat down, I had learned that he had been involved in on-duty shootings, and he used to work in a coffeeshop with my wife over 20 years previously. I left with his card, and he left with one of the first 10 Tau Dev “gadgets” ever sold to the public, since I had just picked up mail on the way in, and that’s one of the things that was going on at the time, and the local PD are all-glock.

Not really apropos to the topic, but patches definitely do get noticed, with all the pros/cons of that observation.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Heres a place that will do the artwork and individual patches. I just contacted about a simple patch for a bleed kit and they quoted me $10 for design and $9 for one patch.
    https://tacticalgearjunkie.com/
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Yep, I have that t-shirt. Idk where it is but now I'm motivated to find it

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Yep, I have that t-shirt. Idk where it is but now I'm motivated to find it
    I'll do ya one better... tis the season.

https://libertyteeshop.com/products/...istmas-sweater
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

User Tag List