Thread: Revision Helmet/TW Suspension System RFI

Revision Helmet/TW Suspension System RFI

Does anyone know if the Revision Caiman helmets are compatible with the Team Wendy BOA/Camfit suspension system for the ACH/MICH/Opscore/Airframe helmets? I'm interested in picking up a Caiman Bump but I need a left eye dominant chin strap and I don't see where Revision has an LED option or any mention of it.

Also does anyone know if the same system is compatible with the Team Wendy Exfil Carbon Bump? I spoke with TW and they said it is not, however, over the phone they seemed very keen on selling me a new ballistic helmet vs solving my problem. They told me that not only will their aftermarket system not work with their own helmet but the system from the Exfil Ballistic won't work with the Exfil carbon. I find all of this pretty hard to believe especially since they weren't able to actually give me an answer as to why it wouldn't fit other than "it just won't work its different."

I've got a revision helmet with that system, I need to check it when I get home tomorrow I'll do that and get back to you.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Checked, looks similar but I can't be 100% certain as I don't have a TW helmet or know anyone who does.

Revision does make great helmets.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Checked, looks similar but I can't be 100% certain as I don't have a TW helmet or know anyone who does.

Revision does make great helmets.
    Thanks man! It would be great if the TW suspension works with it. But even if not I’m glad to hear they’re great helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Thanks man! It would be great if the TW suspension works with it. But even if not I’m glad to hear they’re great helmets.
    I've had a bunch of helmets, this revision is awesome, very comfortable
    VDMSR.com

So, before I blew another $400+ on a helmet, I thought I'd give what two people at Team Wendy both said was impossible a try...

A few days ago I received my LED chinstrap for the ACH/MICH/Airframe/Opscore and as suspected, Team Wendy is either retarded, liars, or both. The only difference between the factory chinstrap and aftermarket is that the aftermarket one has more holes for mounting options as well as no metal grommets pre installed as the mounting hardware is different. Initially, to confirm fit, I cut the old grommets out of my destroyed factory Boa/Camfit system for a test fit. Once confirmed that the system would work, I proceeded to install some 1/4 black grommets and reused the remaining factory hardware. Ultimately, in less than five minutes I was able to figure out what Team Wendy repeatedly told me was impossible.

Team Wendy is a business like many others, they are trying to make a sale.

Except they donated to Hillary's campaign...
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    So, before I blew another $400+ on a helmet, I thought I'd give what two people at Team Wendy both said was impossible a try...

A few days ago I received my LED chinstrap for the ACH/MICH/Airframe/Opscore and as suspected, Team Wendy is either retarded, liars, or both. The only difference between the factory chinstrap and aftermarket is that the aftermarket one has more holes for mounting options as well as no metal grommets pre installed as the mounting hardware is different. Initially, to confirm fit, I cut the old grommets out of my destroyed factory Boa/Camfit system for a test fit. Once confirmed that the system would work, I proceeded to install some 1/4 black grommets and reused the remaining factory hardware. Ultimately, in less than five minutes I was able to figure out what Team Wendy repeatedly told me was impossible.
    Another reason to avoid Team Wendy!
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Team Wendy is a business like many others, they are trying to make a sale.

Except they donated to Hillary's campaign...
    Theres a massive difference between trying to make a sale and blatantly lying. When your knowledge of your own product is so terrible it's borderline negligent, that's not much better. I asked two of their employees repeatedly if there was any solution other than buying a new helmet, and was told "no." I went extremely in depth with potential fixes and was ultimately told every time that I would just need to purchase a new helmet to solve my problem. Now, I don't think I was actually willfully lied to, what I do believe happened is nobody I dealt with was knowledgeable enough about their own products and certainly didn't give enough of a shit to even attempt to begin to actually help me. I literally looked at some pictures online, used a little common sense, and applied it. I was mostly reaching out to them initially in an effort to save potentially having to play the purchase a product, wait a week for it to be delivered, try it out, find out it doesn't work even though it seemed like would, return it, and a week later get my money back game. I'm also on a bit of a time constraint, I needed this problem fixed by this weekend so I didn't want to be playing fuck fuck games. I went direct to the manufacturer because I wanted a no shit answer on how to fix my issue.

User Tag List