Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY man in standoff over 30 round mags

Site Supporter

NY man in standoff over 30 round mags

So apparently a veteran in Putnam County, NY is involved in a stand off with police over 30 round mags /NY SAFE act.

He is holed up in an attic wearing a plate carrier and posting on Instagram. Haven’t seen any news coverage yet.

Instagram - though they seem to be editing his posts....

https://www.instagram.com/whiskey_wa...d=azw2lpsa72s2

Scanner feed:

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6168
    Last edited by HCM; 11-23-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Well, this will end poorly.

Shame too, looks like this guy just had a little girl, got married, bought a house, etc.

There is no, “Avoid jail time” for being in an armed standoff with the cops. It ends with someone dead or in jail, every time.

Site Supporter
    That sucks. The Gram seems to be taking down the recent ones but you see the dude and his little girl.

Didn’t hit the scanner feed so I got no idea what is going on.

No magazine is worth not being around for my kids and wife.

Prayers that no one gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    That sucks. The Gram seems to be taking down the recent ones but you see the dude and his little girl.

Didn’t hit the scanner feed so I got no idea what is going on.

No magazine is worth not being around for my kids and wife.

Prayers that no one gets hurt.
    At this point he's not going to be around for his wife and kid anyway so he might as well put his money where his mouth is. Supposedly "help is on the way" for him too.

Well, it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out at the end of the day.

Guy has blown up on IG getting 50k followers in a few hours.

Still, he’s going to jail for a while. And will lose his firearms rights and lots of other things.

There is a time and a place for resistance and a time and a place to get handcuffed and subsequently sue the shit out of everyone. He chose...poorly.

From the above linked story:

"Police say that man is not expected to face any charges from the standoff."

Well, that would be interesting.
    Taking a break from social media.

Charges related to prohibited items and\or domestic violence may suffice, in their assessment.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

If I were a betting man:

Wife called the Army buddy after the argument this morning. Together they called the cops, because they were worried about the dude. The cops show up, talk to the wife and friend. Someone mentions his gun(s) and paranoid behavior online. The cops try to make contact and the guy and he basically creates an Instagram-fueled standoff.

Five will get you ten, if there were 30-round magazines, it’s tertiary to the bigger issues here.

I wonder if the cops seized any firearms at all?

I bet the Red Flag part is just the paranoid delusions of a guy who needs help. There is no conspiracy here...unless this guy also had copies of Epstein’s files next to his 30-round mags.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-24-2019 at 12:31 AM.

According to the news story they didn't believe he had a weapon and nobody else in the community was in danger. A command post, Bearcat, SWAT Teams, EMT's and a press conference all for a dude that won't be charged?

User Tag List