Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire rifle for girlfriend

I despise the Ruger American for the safety not locking the bolt. You basically can't carry it on your back without the bolt opening.

Fine for a range rifle, deal breaker for a woods rifle. May as well just get a 10/22.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    She's a little on the tall side for a woman (5'7) so I was leaning towards the regular sized .22s. Is there any reason to consider a youth model?
    I wouldn't think so. Most rimfires are set up for about that. I'm 6'4", so I have to do a little more.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Either a CZ (any CZ) or the Thompson Center TCR22.

There’s absolutely a reason to go with a youth sized model. For someone that height, the CZ youth length stock should be perfect.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 11-23-2019 at 04:45 PM.

My advice is to give her a "gift certificate" and a picture of your suggested gun, then go let her pick out her own from the local fun store. Make a date out of it.

That being said, 10/22 of any given variety... have her check them out on Ruger's site.

Don't think this was mentioned yet. CZ 457 has a 60-degree bolt lift, so you can mount a scope lower. And an adjustable trigger.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Don't think this was mentioned yet. CZ 457 has a 60-degree bolt lift, so you can mount a scope lower. And an adjustable trigger.
    Other good thing about the CZ 457 is that it has a “normal,” push forward to fire kind of safety (most of the other CZ rifle models are annoyingly backwards) which will be similar to the operation of the safety on the Winchester she already has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    If she doesn’t like the recoil of the .30’06, try some reduced recoil loads. They’ll still punch a deer’s ticket, without beating her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Most recent add to the ruger site:

https://www.ruger.com/products/1022C...ets/31143.html

I’m generally not a fan of "packages," but the Ruger 10/22 (and many Talo or Lipsey offerings) are an exception. At $399 full retail, this exact rig should be easily had in hand for 350 OTD.

Don’tcha love how eager P-F is to spend your money?

That's not a very good price for a $200 rifle and a $70 scope. https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...+carbine+22+lr https://www.amazon.com/Viridian-3-9x...1ERZVD44JNSEHK

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I stand corrected. Although the cheapest new 10/22 on their site is 3 bills and change.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Never buy a gun without looking up its UPC on gun.deals
    Not another dime.

User Tag List