Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another California CCW bribery scandal

Another California CCW bribery scandal

According to the US Attorney's office, San Diego Sheriff's Captain Marco Garmo accepted $1,000 bribes to facilitate & expedite ccw permits. He also sold over 100 "off roster" guns in recent years to finance a planned campaign for Sheriff. https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/11/22/...-drug-charges/

It is far from the first time bribery has plagued a "may issue" county. Former Orange County sheriff Michael Carona was convicted of corruption in 2011 and Santa Clara Sheriff Laurie Smith is currently under investigation for pay to play ccw sandals. And a perusal of LA & Yolo County ccw rosters (notoriously difficult to get) reads like a who's who among political donors.

Whatevs.

If I chose to occupy a place like that, I’d gladly pay my grand, get my permission slip and roll on.

Some times gun guys have such a boner for abiding by laws they fail to see the opportunity of a guy on the take.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Whatevs.

If I chose to occupy a place like that, I’d gladly pay my grand, get my permission slip and roll on.

Some times gun guys have such a boner for abiding by laws they fail to see the opportunity of a guy on the take.

Violate the law at your own risk. I don't think LL or our member LEOs in CA would want to see this site associated with promoting intentional illegal acts.
    Last edited by blues; 11-23-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Violate the law at your own risk. I don't think LL or our member LEOs in CA would want to see this site associated with promoting intentional illegal acts.
    Not what I meant.

What I did mean is - it easy to make a villain out of a stranger taking money for favors.

Guess they can ban me if what I said was that heinous
    Last edited by Duke; 11-23-2019 at 10:15 AM.

You have no problem with forcing citizens to commit a crime (bribing a public official) that would forever forfeit their right to own firearms in order to lawfully carry their firearms?

Not what I meant.

What I did mean is - it easy to make a villain out of a stranger taking money for favors.

Guess they can ban me if what I said was that heinous
    Duke,

I'm not sure your profession, background, upbringing, area you grew up in, etc, but "it's easy to make a villain out of a stranger taking money for favors" doesn't make sense to me.

It's clearly wrong. It's clearly an abuse of power to anyone who serves in government, and especially law enforcement where being "on the take" was a major issue in the 20th century. It's cut and dry, no gray area.

Nobody is making a villain out of this captain. He did that with his own actions.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-23-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah. More like tyranny breeds corruption.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If permits were shall issue as they should be, than we wouldn't even need to have this thread.
    Maybe just my jaded view, but it seems like the "public servants" in these leftist enclaves quickly become their masters.

ETA: I don't want my post to seem like I'm painting with a broad brush. 99.99% of the folks in LE, regardless of area, don't go down this self enriching route of corruption. But the .001% who do, tarnish all.
    Last edited by wvincent; 11-23-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List