Thread: Cool old snubbie (to me at least)

Cool old snubbie (to me at least)

Just an interesting snubbie I came across today I thought some might appreciate seeing. Seemed rare as the price indicated as such although I know how some of these revolver pricings can get.

Colt Police-Positive “Banker’s Special” in .38 Colt New Police

Apparently these were produced from the 1920s-1940s. Shop owner said it was unfired which I’m always a bit skeptical of but after handling it I think I believe him. Seemed like a legit untouched barn find. I was impressed with the quality which prompted the tired cliche “they just don’t make em like they used to” to echo in my head. I really enjoy the tapered barrels on some of the snubs of yore.

Maybe I’m just into it because I finally got around to finishing the “Snub Interview” last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by parishioner; 11-22-2019 at 10:23 PM.

True forerunner to the Detective Special. My eyes may be deceiving me, but the price tag looks like $4500.00? If so, that’s about right for an unfired, with box, Banker’s Special.

I’d love to have one, some day, to go in my D-Frame collection. But it’s gonna be awhile before I blow 4500 bucks on an old D-Frame. Besides, shooter quality guns are <2k.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    True forerunner to the Detective Special. My eyes may be deceiving me, but the price tag looks like $4500.00? If so, that’s about right for an unfired, with box, Banker’s Special.

I’d love to have one, some day, to go in my D-Frame collection. But it’s gonna be awhile before I blow 4500 bucks on an old D-Frame. Besides, shooter quality guns are <2k.
    This was $3950, apparently the owner just came down on it. I know next to nothing about these colt snubs. My dad has a colt agent that I really need to take a closer look at.

I’m liking these 6 shot snubs.

Site Supporter
    Both the snub in the original post and the Agent are nice guns. When revolvers were carried more commonly for serious purposes, those Colts made a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Nice Bankers Special, to say the least. The .22 versions are even rarer.
    Also digging the Ace .22 conversion kit on the shelf below.
    Looks like someone is liquidating a Colt collection.

I've seen Banker's Specials before, but never a box. That's pretty cool.

In the "Why We Can't Have Nice Things" department, if I bought that one, I'd load up some ammo and change that 'unfired' status.
    Last edited by Hambo; 11-23-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    In the "Why We Can't Have Nice Things" department, if I bought that one, I'd load up some ammo and change that 'unfired' status.
    Same here. I don’t want to be “that guy”.

User Tag List