Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness LowPro EDC Belt

So, what's the group think on stiffness on these? I'm looking for a new OWB carry belt, carrying anything from a G43X with one spare mag to an all steel 5" 1911 with two spare mags. Will the 5-stitch handle that kind or weight, or do I need the CSM? I've been using a 3-stitch FF forever for light weight IWB carry for years and years now...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, what's the group think on stiffness on these? I'm looking for a new OWB carry belt, carrying anything from a G43X with one spare mag to an all steel 5" 1911 with two spare mags. Will the 5-stitch handle that kind or weight, or do I need the CSM? I've been using a 3-stitch FF forever for light weight IWB carry for years and years now...
    I’ve routinely used a Wilderness 3-stitch Instructor belt for OWB carry. This worked with pancake holsters carrying compact Glocks and full-size and compact Beretta 92s. I now only OWB with a kydex from JMCK for IDPA and with a paddle for taking the dog out. Still with a 3-stitch belt. Also great for IWB.
    I suppose that with an all-steel 1911 or similarly heavy pistol that isn’t held close to the body, a 5-stitch would be useful- I’ve just always found them uncomfortably stiff.

Site Supporter
    I would defer to GJM, Cecil and some others with a wider frame of ref if their answer conflicts with mine.

While I think the 5 stitch would be likely enough for an all steel, 5 inch 1911 with two mags, I KNOW the CSM in 1.5 inch FF models and 1.75 Inch Instructor CSM are up to the to the task. Moreover, I never found my CSM 1.5 FF models "too stiff" or otherwise uncomfortable for AIWB with a G19. Since an all steel 1911 might be in the mix, I would error on the side of getting a CSM lined belt.

YMMV Greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    All my OWB carry has been with a CSM belt.
    So, what's the group think on stiffness on these? Will the 5-stitch handle that kind or weight, or do I need the CSM?
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    While I think the 5 stitch would be likely enough for an all steel, 5 inch 1911 with two mags, I KNOW the CSM in 1.5 inch FF models and 1.75 Inch Instructor CSM are up to the to the task. Moreover, I never found my CSM 1.5 FF models "too stiff" or otherwise uncomfortable for AIWB with a G19. Since an all steel 1911 might be in the mix, I would error on the side of getting a CSM lined belt.
    All of the many I have had (mostly 1.5", a few 1.25", one or two in 1.75") have all be 5 Stitch, but with winter coming on you all have got me being CSM curious...
    Maybe I should splurge on the Ti buckle, since I would be in the frivolous zone anyway

There are a wide range of factors that influence how a particular webbing will work. For OWB we want vertical rigidity and this is influenced by the wearers shape as well as the belt tension. A floppy belt on a skinny guy with the holster placed near the hip point where the belt wraps will be fine. Someone with a 48" waist and no defining shape or points like a hip bone may not be able to use that belt.

The 5-stitch is great in that it's soft and flexible enough to wrap around the user and conform to AIWB features (claws/wings, belt wedges) and allow those to work, while also supporting most pistols in a decent holster.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

They made mine in CSM. It has been pretty comfortable, but I have not had a ton of time on it (got it Friday afternoon, wore it non-stop from then until going to sleep Sunday night with only a short pause for running BJJ class Saturday morning). I plan on running it a lot over the next week with having time off of the day gig, so I should be able to say more definitively by next Monday, but I am thinking that the 6-stitch is probably more than enough for almost any IWB carry. For OWB, plus multiple mags, I would likely go CSM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

$5 off for Black Friday on these.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Got my LowPro EDC and wore it yesterday. Not to be overstating anything, it is pretty nice. I never considered the Frequent Flyer to be bulky until the bulk went away.

The only issue so far is the coated tip of the belt has something that is making it just a tiny bit too wide the easily thread through the buckle. I will use it for a little while to see if it works itself out, or might lightly drag it across some sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    CSM curious... Maybe I should splurge on the Ti buckle
    Is the Ti buckle no longer an option?

And I just went TSA Precheck with it and no problem, and I have had issues with my FF before.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I cannot believe a belt thread turned into a Boomer vs Millennial ahahaha!

I find the 5 stitch plenty for owb, honestly I think a 3 stitch will do anything one would need it to do in either roles. I prefer 5 stitch for owb because I am usually using a G Code RTI setup and even though it doesn't add much stand off to my belt it's noticeable enough to me. I usually have to tighten my belt more with a 3 stitch for owb with an RTI than I do with a 5 stitch. I like to wear my belts as loose as possible though.

User Tag List