Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Truck

Teslas have a bad rep for repair times, parts availability, etc. If you do truck stuff with your truck, and you break it, heaven knows how long it'll take to fix.

Site Supporter
    It looks like they plan to shoot it into space to use on the moon. Personally I think when Ford starts making a lot of electric F150s and a sedan for half the cost of Tesla bye bye Tesla. He will probably just sell the company to ford for a mint. It’s not that I think the Tesla’s are bad cars I just think he has concentrated on the electric part and really doesn’t know how to build a competitively priced car. I also question the service life of the batteries. I hope ford builds an electric F250 and brings back the expedition. Make it look just like the regular truck except for the black glass solar panel roof. Put a solar panel on the roof and get the range up to 800 miles. Add in huge tax rebates or benefits and I’ll go solar for the house and truck. (Huge rebates) I can dream

I maybe wrong but the whole Tesla thing is kinda marketing hype. It is designed to help rich people to feel good about themselves. It is fueled by government (taxes) subsidies. You can get a much better vehicle for the same money from pretty much any automakers. The whole electric car BS is a new religion. Obviously you can sell a lot of BS through people emotions.... Elon Musk is a very smart man.

DAMN THAT'S UGLY

That's so ugly, I'd have to tie a porkchop around it's grille to get my dog to piss on it.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    I don't see much "form follows function" there. No infos about air resistance.
    Maybe I did the truck a little wrong. This looks functional:

I can see where Elon was going with this design. This will get released around the time those little Minecraft dorks are old enough to drive.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

What I like is the rugged exterior. I want to be able to drive my truck through heavy brush and not worry about the paint. Current trucks are too fussy and expensive to repair.

Maybe this will carry over to mainstream manufacturers.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Maybe I did the truck a little wrong. This looks functional:

It looks like a Pontiac Aztec.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    It looks like a Pontiac Aztec.
    I think it looks worse, if that’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it was styled to minimize the number of polygons for a 3D truck racing game circa 1994.

User Tag List