Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to skip the new Star Wars film

I plan to see it. I like Sci-fi and space ships. Star wars has the budget to do it well and enough cultural acceptance that I can see awesome space ship battles in a theater instead of on a 28" tv.

I'll catch the next one, then I'm done with Star Wars on the big screen. I'm over the whole Skywalker family drama. This next one is billed as the end, but we all know it won't be, if it makes money. Rogue One was by far the best of the entire franchise, give me more of that and I might stick around. The Mandalorian is okay, but so far it just a bunch of tired old Star Wars tropes strung together. I don't know if it will hold my interest for long.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I liked A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, but I was disgusted by Return of the Jedi when the teddy bears didn't end up a steaming pile of goo as they should have. That was the downward turning point of the entire series for me.
    I keep hearing this from people, and yes I do agree the teddy bears were idiotic. But am I the only one who actually liked Return of the Jedi simply because for once Luke Skywalker wasn't a whiny little cunt who somehow ends up being the hero even though he doesn't know anything about anything?

I grew up on Star Wars and am an avid fan. Read some of the books, played lots of the video games. I didn’t have much of an issue with the franchise until the abomination of TLJ. For all the grief people make about the prequels they sure do seem to like characters and locations that were introduced in them. TLJ was purely awful though, the best part of the movie was the opening battle scene.

I like the Mandalorian so far, it really recaptures the feel of the grittier side of Star Wars. If you liked Rogue One, this will be up your alley. I hate that the typical threepers are likely to start identifying with it now because of the popular line from the second episode, “I’m a Mandalorian, weapons are part of my religion.” Sadly it’ll likely be the new Punisher equivalent.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Banned

I'm Not A Fan Of All The Director's Cuts And Rewrites

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Rian Johnson effed things up. Everybody knows it but Disney isn’t going to admit it. It really ticked me off in many places but I really think the order is out to rectify Johnson’s mess. I’m not much of a fan of Abrams but I am cautiously optimistic he will turn out an acceptable end to the Skywalker saga.

While much negative had been said about Disney other than The Last Jedi, they Star Wars material has been pretty solid in my book. Rebels was Awesome, Rogue One was Awesome, I thought Solo was horribly underrated and a victim to Johnson’s mess and Disney pushing too many movies. I’m not 100% happy the Abrams vision for the sequels but there is a lot of good, and The Mandalorian has taken me back to 1978! It is the best thing going!

I will be eagerly awaiting Episode 9 - but I do have realistic expectations.

Still waiting for The Mandalorian to pick up. Chapter 3 gave me a John Wick vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Still waiting for The Mandalorian to pick up. Chapter 3 gave me a John Wick vibe.
    I made the same comment watching it... "And here comes the John Wick scene".

I can't wait to see how they fit Baby Yoda's ears inside a Mandalorian helmet. [emoji23]

I'm enjoying the Mandalorian, and I'm glad I gave it a shot. But I only did that after a ton of positive reviews.

As for the movies, cue one of my favorite Phil Collins songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PNc9KN50M

User Tag List