Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson Model 58 4” Nickel

The finish looks crappy but.a pre-lock N-frame for $500?

Damn!

Site Supporter
    Something has to be seriously wrong for Cabelas to have priced it that low.

Normally, the best you can expect from them is the lower end of average. $499 is "shut up and take my money" territory for a functional N-frame.

That said, when I stopped by a Cabelas in Ohio during a business trip this Summer, they had some good prices, such as a sub-$300 no-lock S&W x42 (don't recall the exact model offhand), so maybe it's an Ohio thing?

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Did anyone buy it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Did anyone buy it?
    It's not showing up in their online gun library.

I had a crazy idea if the bore was crap that one could strip the finish and apply the spray finish of your choice, bore/rechamber to .430-.431, and modify the barrel for replaceable front sights of some type. That would be a nifty fixed sight cast bullet 44mag platform.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    It's not showing up in their online gun library.

I had a crazy idea if the bore was crap that one could strip the finish and apply the spray finish of your choice, bore/rechamber to .430-.431, and modify the barrel for replaceable front sights of some type. That would be a nifty fixed sight cast bullet 44mag platform.

Chris
    It wasn’t showing up the first day, either - they may not have exposed it to the web. Or, it’s gone.

I’ve always (like for 35 years) wanted a 4” fixed sight .44 special or magnum N frame utility revolver...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

There's a discount bar code that you can use with your Cabela's CLUB card.

https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?c...Bd3n3kB90PkSOS

I've found that the "gun library" guns are priced kind of high. I had never encountered anything in there (at ANY Cabela's) that made me reach for my wallet, until a few months ago. By using my CLUB card points, I got a nice deal on a S&W 64 (no dash), 3", round butt, factory DAO, marked NY-1 at the Centerville, OH store.

Rosco

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve always (like for 35 years) wanted a 4” fixed sight .44 special or magnum N frame utility revolver...
    S&W made a special run of 2.5" fixed sight 629s back in the 80s or 90s. I came across a *shiny* one in nickel plate for about $800 at a gunshow about 8-9 years ago. That was about $100 too high for a regular 629 at the time. Thinking this was someone's "custom" job, I left it on the table, but curiosity got the better of me and I googled it later. I found out it was a very limited run for a club or some distributor, I forget which. Had I known that, I might have bought it. I haven't seen one since.

I think with some good ivory paper micarta grips and a tooled leather OWB holster, it would have been a dandy BBQ gun or nicer CCW piece.

Chris

Did anyone buy it?
    No Stephanie, we’re saving it for you[emoji6]

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    No Stephanie, we’re saving it for you[emoji6]
    Not going to happen. I just ordered one of the shooter-grade HB Model 10s from AIM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Not going to happen. I just ordered one of the shooter-grade HB Model 10s from AIM.
    Nice.

User Tag List