Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2019 Deals Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    How did you get them for 97? For me it was 116 after tax
    After double checking, I actually paid $99, but the line showing tax reads $0.00. I didn't do anything special to dodge the tax. What I paid is what it defaulted to. I put the items in my cart last night. Maybe that makes some difference.

Lately, I've noticed that some places have started charging state sales tax. The one that depresses me most is SGAmmo because I order most of my ammo from them. Other places don't seem to be charging it yet. I think it depends on the state of residence of the buyer and the vendor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Lately, I've noticed that some places have started charging state sales tax. The one that depresses me most is SGAmmo because I order most of my ammo from them. Other places don't seem to be charging it yet. I think it depends on the state of residence of the buyer and the vendor.
    I just ordered a case of Fiocchi 00 buck from Lucky Gunner and was charged full tax for where I live (10.2%). I guess it's a requirement, don't know how other places get away without charging it.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 11-29-2019 at 07:28 PM.

A portion of my job involves online sales. Mostly via Ebay. When we sell stuff Ebay now automatically adds in sales tax for 34 different states, and then it's automatically deducted in paypal. When I researched it further, it appeared that the states have incorporated various legislation for online sales tax. Each state seemed a bit different, but it's basically state sales tax imposed on buyers from the state when buying from online marketplaces and businesses. A number of states require sellers to register to be able to sell to their state (unless using a facilitator like Ebay).

Anyway... I want to spend money but don't know if I will.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Lowest price I ever saw it for $88.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016R90VBK...theblacom06-20

Simong.
    Thanks for the heads up. Been wanting one of these for a beater watch and missed out the last time they were this cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    After double checking, I actually paid $99, but the line showing tax reads $0.00. I didn't do anything special to dodge the tax. What I paid is what it defaulted to. I put the items in my cart last night. Maybe that makes some difference.

A lot of states have gotten more aggressive with charging use tax. In Virginia it just used to be self-reportable on your annual filing, but as of July 1, any retailer that makes more than $100k or 200 transactions with Virginia consumers per annum has to collect/remit sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    A lot of states have gotten more aggressive with charging use tax. In Virginia it just used to be self-reportable on your annual filing, but as of July 1, any retailer that makes more than $100k or 200 transactions with Virginia consumers per annum has to collect/remit sales tax.
    The crazy thing to me is, sales tax where I live is 10ish%. So I'm trying to figure out why the flying hell I need to pay an extra 7% for an online purchase with HK. I've never noticed it being that high with amazon or anyone else.

But anyways, sorry for the thread drift. Getting 4 of those mags for sub $100 is sweet, and I would definitely pull the trigger on that.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I have a few Magpul items on my list, but I haven't found anyone with Magpul stuff on sale at prices that beat the everyday prices if you just go to gun.deals and see what the best price is. So no reason to drop that money for another month or two.

Anyone know something useful about Magpul this weekend that I don't?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

CRKT Rune compact tomahawk $39.99
    https://www.smkw.com/crkt-rune-axe-black

Price seems too good to be true, but I ordered one and it arrived today good to go, with the Kydex sheath. Get 'em before they figure out the price is wrong.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-29-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The crazy thing to me is, sales tax where I live is 10ish%. So I'm trying to figure out why the flying hell I need to pay an extra 7% for an online purchase with HK. I've never noticed it being that high with amazon or anyone else.

But anyways, sorry for the thread drift. Getting 4 of those mags for sub $100 is sweet, and I would definitely pull the trigger on that.
    I went back in and tried again. This time it came to $108 for the 4 HK mags, so that's sub 10% tax. I think what happened to me earlier was I originally started with 8 in the cart. Was going to do it if less than $200. It wasn't because of the codes being expired, so I dropped it to 4 mags. I think the cart didn't update the tax, which at $17ish would have been right for the 8 magazine order but double the 4 mag order.

So, bottom line, even with tax came to $27.01 per mag so I did it. Thanks again for all the deals listings from you fine individuals here.

Now I just need a 9mm P30 to put these in....

Site Supporter
    Now I just need a 9mm P30 to put these in....
    HKs seem to have pretty dramatic price swings on Gunbroker. If you wait long enough, you can probably find one for less than you expect to pay.

User Tag List