Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2019 Deals Thread

Accuracy and reliability issues? Ew.

I think I’ll pass.

Besides I need some parts for the FJ and a PS4 to replace the one that just took a shit.

The Kindle Fire tablets are on sale, the 7s are $30 and the 8s are $50.

Tams post about them a couple years ago got me started on them. Pretty handy gadgets.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Relevant because I rather suddenly had to take advantage of it, but www.secureitgunstorage.com has discount on a bunch of their products on top of a 10% off coupon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Might as well get this started, since the deals are starting up.

6920s with Magpul kit FDE and black under $1000:
    https://dsgarms.com/ar-rifles-co6920-dsg-1-fde
    https://dsgarms.com/ar-rifles-co6920-dsg-1-blk
    Ok-
    If I was going to buy my first, and possibly only, AR, is this a good opportunity?
    I hear RR saying that they were recently $700 guns. But if I want a good AR, to purchase in the next 11 months, am I likely to find higher quality at a better price in the near term?
    I suspect that a better one could be built, but I’d be looking for and off-the rack solution.

Gyro

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Ok-
    If I was going to buy my first, and possibly only, AR, is this a good opportunity?
    I hear RR saying that they were recently $700 guns. But if I want a good AR, to purchase in the next 11 months, am I likely to find higher quality at a better price in the near term?
    I suspect that a better one could be built, but I’d be looking for and off-the rack solution.

Gyro
    Since you’ve got LE Creds - Geissele Super Duty https://geissele.com/super-duty-le-16-black.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    $995 6920's are PT Barnum prices, especially since they farmed out most of the production prior to ceasing commercial sales.

Source, please.

I ask this as it seems to fly in the face of what I’ve gathered from someone with direct Colt contacts.

Ok-

Gyro

It’s as good as it’s gonna get for a while, in my opinion.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I hear RR saying that they were recently $700 guns.
    My recollection is that that was more like a year, year and a half ago. And they didn't come with the Magpul furniture, which is probably about $85 of extra kit, if it's what you want.

Off the rack, I'd probably go with the Geissele. Free floated barrel, "Geissele Length" gas system looks Mid-ish (Mid gas has been demonstrated more reliable/durable than Carbine), quite possibly a better trigger than a stock Colt. Backed by one of the best companies in the industry instead of by Colt. And considerably cheaper.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Since you’ve got LE Creds - Geissele Super Duty https://geissele.com/super-duty-le-16-black.html
    Yeah, I have to say I agree. G LE gun is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Source, please.

I ask this as it seems to fly in the face of what I’ve gathered from someone with direct Colt contacts.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...AVGyA0bU7_SOIU

User Tag List