Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cane and Derby

Cane and Derby

Well after seeing Todd run his AIWB holster and a few of my friends doing it, I decided to give it a try. Just put in an order for The Pardus, olive drab to match the gun. Also went ahead and ordered 1 standard mag pouch and 1 appendix mag pouch. Ian was a great guy to deal with and those guys and C&D seem pretty good to work with. After I receive it, i'll give my .02 on it. Here's to shooting my junk off!!

i'm interested to hear some reviews on cane & derby holsters. i've been considering trying them or raven

I currently use a raven system, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Its not AIWB system, but I know they do make something for that. The guys at C&D said they were big fans of Raven before they started the company

I have been running a Cane and Derby magazine carrier and find it perfect.
    Chemist.

Keep us posted, I'm starting to look at these also. I'm curious what kind of tweaks they and Todd have come up with and if they've been implemented yet, but haven't emaild them to find out yet.
    Munson- were you at the College Station class?

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Keep us posted, I'm starting to look at these also. I'm curious what kind of tweaks they and Todd have come up with and if they've been implemented yet, but haven't emaild them to find out yet.
    Munson- were you at the College Station class?
    I read the tweaks were minor things that didn't affect function. The holster he is running is the same as you can already order. That's what I read anyway ... I think it was here or on Todd's other site.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I read the tweaks were minor things that didn't affect function. The holster he is running is the same as you can already order. That's what I read anyway ... I think it was here or on Todd's other site.
    Well there goes my excuse for waiting

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    FWIW, I think the holster needs additional tweaks before I'd say it's up to par with the Shaggy. The guys at C&D seem hellbent on making this the best aiwb holster imaginable, and I give them a lot of credit. I really look forward to the final product.

thanks for the clarification Todd.

Nick, yep its me Chris, good to hear from you again. Nice job on the AAR. When I talked to the C&D guys, they told me most of the tweaks are not so much in the holster itself, but the options that they are going to offer the buyer. Things like do you want the option to have the mag release fully covered, partially covered, or not at all. I liked having those options. I opted for the no cover of the mag release. My thinking was the fewer times I have to the firearm out of the holster on the range for reloads, the less chance for ND's. I remember the way Todd ran the class, you never holstered an empty weapon, and thats how I usually TRY and run my drills. That way you have at least one in the gun, now I can just eject the mag in the holster and put a fresh mag in for a new drill. Thats what I'm hoping for anyway, we'll see once I get the holster. They said wait time is about 3-4 weeks.

Todd, any updates to the "nard saver gadget?"

User Tag List