Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK to release additional SP5 variants

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The buyers interested in a weird psuedo SMG 9mm thing that's over $2000 aren't new to being a gun enthusiast, nor are they typically the sort to allow their enthusiasm to wane based on shrill public opinion or politics.

If HK does this right and offers these with the 3 lug and a paddle mag release, they'll sell every one as soon as it gets to the US.
    They'll be perpetually on allocation or backorder through distributors and only consistently available via Gunbroker, much like the SP5K.

I really hope this pulls through, it'll be great to have new HK options instead of just the PTR.
    You don't work in the business of selling guns, do you?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    You don't work in the business of selling guns, do you?
    I'm a partner on a Type 01 FFL, so kind of.

If we're talking about XD/Taurii and McGunStore types of guns, you're absolutely right. Those buyers are totally different customers and you're right about that demographic being affected by prevailing politics. Tactical Chad that wants that totally fuckin' sick XD-E is absolutely worried about another $100 and what his girlfriend Courtney thinks about buying it.

But the folks that actually spend $2500+ on a neutered HK MP5 instead of a $1600 neutered MP5, because the $2500 one has "HK" stamped on it, well, they're not the same sort of customer, and those are the ones I'm talking about.

If we're talking about XD/Taurii and McGunStore types of guns, you're absolutely right. Those buyers are totally different customers and you're right about that demographic being affected by prevailing politics. Tactical Chad that wants that totally fuckin' sick XD-E is absolutely worried about another $100 and what his girlfriend Courtney thinks about buying it.

But the folks that actually spend $2500+ on a neutered HK MP5 instead of a $1600 neutered MP5, because the $2500 one has "HK" stamped on it, well, they're not the same sort of customer, and those are the ones I'm talking about.
    Stick in the biz and you'll learn

Site Supporter
    Stick in the biz and you'll learn
    Oh I've learned. There's about 49 people that'll come in and talk big about spending that kind of coin, and one guy that'll quietly come in and just plop down the cash without any fuss and hardly any discussion. The trick is to be kind enough to those other 49 to get them to come back and buy something, without wasting too much time and without being busy when Mr #50 walks in.

I predict there's going to be a lot of #50 types of buyers when it comes to these SP5's, that's all I'm saying. Which would make at least the first few runs of these SP5's fairly insulated from the current political climate.
    Last edited by JRB; 11-23-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Oh I've learned. There's about 49 people that'll come in and talk big about spending that kind of coin, and one guy that'll quietly come in and just plop down the cash without any fuss and hardly any discussion. The trick is to be kind enough to those other 49 to get them to come back and buy something, without wasting too much time and without being busy when Mr #50 walks in.

I predict there's going to be a lot of #50 types of buyers when it comes to these SP5's, that's all I'm saying. Which would make at least the first few runs of these SP5's fairly insulated from the current political climate.
    Glock sells "a lot". Ruger sells "a lot". HK does not sell "a lot".

My shop sold around 50 SP5Ks from release to end of import. I've sold "a lot" more Taurus G2C (PT111 when it was that) pistols and made more money from them over the same time period.

I've been doing this a while, long enough to know that the SP5 may be cool but it really isn't when it comes to a business perspective.

If it doesn't say "HK" on it then it is a junky clone, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by falar View Post
    Well, all this needs is a form 1 and a stock.
    And 922R compliant US parts.

I always hate the idea of having to replace genuine HK parts with US parts. Thanks 922R.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-23-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Glock sells "a lot". Ruger sells "a lot". HK does not sell "a lot".

My shop sold around 50 SP5Ks from release to end of import. I've sold "a lot" more Taurus G2C (PT111 when it was that) pistols and made more money from them over the same time period.

I've been doing this a while, long enough to know that the SP5 may be cool but it really isn't when it comes to a business perspective.
    You're looking at this from a perspective of shelf stock that sells and makes you money. In that context; no fucking shit, Sherlock.

I'm talking about HK getting their money out of selling these SP5's. HK will sell every single one they make to happy distributors that will sell every one of them on allocation, where a lot of them will end up on GB before selling at a happy margin to well-heeled HK dorks. Most smaller names in the brick and mortar business will literally never see one because the average gun store customer is going to fingerfuck it and shrug and say it's too expensive. It'll get a lot of finger fucking though.

Again, totally fucking different gun, market, and customer than walk-in brick and mortar XD and Taurus guy.
    Last edited by JRB; 11-24-2019 at 08:47 AM.

You're looking at this from a perspective of shelf stock that sells and makes you money. In that context; no fucking shit, Sherlock. Next you'll be patronizing about telling me the sky is fucking blue.

I'm talking about HK getting their money out of selling these SP5's. HK will sell every single one they make to happy distributors that will sell every one of them on allocation, where a lot of them will end up on GB before selling at a happy margin to well-heeled HK dorks. Most smaller names in the brick and mortar business will literally never see one because the average gun store customer is going to fingerfuck it and shrug and say it's too expensive. It'll get a lot of finger fucking though.

Again, totally fucking different gun, market, and customer than walk-in brick and mortar XD and Taurus guy.
    Wow.

Posted on HK’s social media

Name:  1836D618-7476-4C36-8122-1DC39024130B.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  32.4 KB

User Tag List