Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK to release additional SP5 variants

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I want one bad, I think I'm going with the PTR instead. I'm shure the hk is a superior quality but I dont know if I can justify the extra 1k.
    Sums it up for me...

Now, if they redid the P7M8, they have my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I cant wait.
    What for? I don't remember you buying anything lately that you've not tried to get some practical use out, whether games, ccw, or Alaska use. What are you thinking of? The non-NFA short barrel thing seems to be better answered by the 300BK options, and PCC is all SIG or JP, unless you're @Talionis circa 2017.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    What for? I don't remember you buying anything lately that you've not tried to get some practical use out, whether games, ccw, or Alaska use. What are you thinking of? The non-NFA short barrel thing seems to be better answered by the 300BK options, and PCC is all SIG or JP, unless you're @Talionis circa 2017.
    There's an unspoken rule in gun-dorkdom that MP5's are always relevant. Even the slower-running civilian variants.

Bumping this back up. Has anyone bought one of these? It looks like "buy now" prices are inching closer to MSRP, but still a couple hundred off.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Bumping this back up. Has anyone bought one of these? It looks like "buy now" prices are inching closer to MSRP, but still a couple hundred off.
    I've got one on hold at my LGS, but I haven't had time to go pick it up yet. $3k plus tax.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I've got one on hold at my LGS, but I haven't had time to go pick it up yet. $3k plus tax.
    Since I can't see coughing up that kind of coin any time soon, please post a very pic-heavy range report so I can live vicariously.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Any updates on the 16” fixed stock SP5?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Ew.

Not that I have seen. And you're unlikely to get it. Because the SP5 is German made it needs to be 922r compliant as a rifle. As a pistol there is no need to bring the gun into compliance. 922r compliance is how you end up with that hideous USC thing that HK made/makes.

You can swap out MP5 barrels easily and that seems to be the route most folks are taking if they want to go long non-SBR. Standard MP5 barrel with a pinned and welded flash hider to get to 16" or a 16" aftermarket barrel. Since you don't gain much from 9mm out past about 6" of barrel length, a standard MP5 barrel + Flash Hider seems to be the way to go. Gets you the length, but the flash hider is lighter than barrel steel.

If you want a toy this is the way to go. If you're serious about shooting PCC in competition the MP5 is not the gun for it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    There are no updates because it was never a thing for the reasons Rob mentioned.

If you want 16” carbine format MP5, PTR is your best option.

User Tag List