Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-things Malkoff Wiki

@blues - nice collection!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    All of my Zebralights (4 pieces) are dead, from barely being used. None of them received any abuse. I'm never buying Zebralights or any other Chicom garbage again, and would not recommend them to anyone else either.
    I have a headlight and hand held and they have held up over daily use for four years. The hand held did have to go back when the SWITCH went bad after three years, however but they handled it and it came back good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I will admit to being one of those who prefers to purchase complete lights from the Malkoff line with the exception of the drop-in or heads specifically for use with my old Surefire lights. While I could definitely get by with fewer lights, each one has its niche and each is a joy to own and operate.

The following image will give you a size comparison between several lights in the Malkoff line.

Attachment 45138

L-R: Hound Dog, Wildcat, Hound Dog 18650, Surefire 6z with Malkoff lamp, Surefire E2e with Malkoff Scout head, MDC 2AA, MDC 16650, MDC AA

#flexingonthelumenpoors
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-23-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned over the years, you have to remain flexible.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So, if I wanted more flexibility out of my Bodyguard I could buy the MDC 16650 (2CR123 Sized) Body Only and use 2 CR123 batteries, right?
    I like that capability when I travel as sometimes I only have access to CR123 batteries.

Thank you for the excellent writeup. Looks like I'll be asking Santa Claus for some Malkoff stuff for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    So, if I wanted more flexibility out of my Bodyguard I could buy the MDC 16650 (2CR123 Sized) Body Only and use 2 CR123 batteries, right?
    I like that capability when I travel as sometimes I only have access to CR123 batteries.

Thank you for the excellent writeup. Looks like I'll be asking Santa Claus for some Malkoff stuff for Christmas.
    The MDC 16650 is an awesome light in and of itself. But yes, you could use the 16650 body with either of the Bodyguard heads. (I have used mine with the Surefire E2e which accepts the MDC heads / threads.)

I don't even bother with the CR123's but for very rarely. I find that I get good service from the 16650's and keep a spare or two around in case needed.

Lots of possible iterations with the Malkoff line. All you need to do is be mindful of the voltage any given head is rated for.

Get on the Malkoff mailing list to be notified of sales.
    Last edited by blues; 11-23-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Correct! The v.1 version will see a jump to 900 lumens with a pair of CR123A cells. You could also use a 16650 2500mAh Li-ion cell to get some wicked-good runtime with the v.1 version.

My favorite 16650 Bodyguard setup uses a SF E-series body with a Malkoff E-series tailcap;

Keep an eye on ebay where E-series parts can sometime be found (I found this original SF Lumamax body there). Alternatively, Lumens Factory makes a decent clone.

Just thought I'd post this here;

MD3 - M91T on a my 1187P. Very solid setup, ran it through a shotgun class;

Last edited by NH Shooter; 11-23-2019 at 05:13 PM.

It occurs to me that it is bordering on a dick move to not post this link:

https://tacticalsportsgear.com/colle...-bk-flashlight

(free shipping too!)

Along with this one:

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...-etc-6-9-volts

(I like the warm tint, for the vintage 6P feel)
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-23-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List