Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The All-things Malkoff Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I am about to switch over three old Surefire forends to the Malkoff. I have two questions:

1. Why cant I use the Malkoff drop-ins for the 6P?

2. If I cant do the above, is there anything I can do with the old units? Maybe make them into shorter LED handhelds?
    What is a 6P forend? In my book the 6P is the classic handheld.

Normally older forends have a rubber grommet in them to protect the bulb unit from recoil. This rubber grommet is the reason why dropins don't drop in. You need this part to make them work in those heads. https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...absorbing-head

You also have these head replacements for older Surefire forends as well. https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...orend-upgrades

However, post a picture and we can tell.

The old Laser Devices and Surefire light dedicated forends used a shortened 6P sized tube and head with a shock isolated incandescent bulb-reflector assembly. I would prefer to keep this arrangement by dropping a shock ring in with a Malkoff LED versus buying the Malkoff shotgun forend heads (your second link).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Your protected button-top cells will fit just fine in the MD2-M61HOT as it comes from Malkoff with either their straight or Tricap tailcaps (McClicky switches). It's the shorter Surefire Z41 tailcap that requires the shorter cell. Body extender kits do not work with SF tailcaps.

FYI, if you want momentary-only and are willing to forego constant-on operation, the "click" can be removed from the McClicky to render it momentary only. I use this mod on my weapon-mounted Malkoffs. I'll post a tutorial on that mod soon.
    Will this mcclicky mod work with the v1 bodyguard? My one problem with carrying it is the light turns on in my pocket. Removing the click might make it better

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Will this mcclicky mod work with the v1 bodyguard? My one problem with carrying it is the light turns on in my pocket. Removing the click might make it better
    I would try a medium press boot first, very easy to change. PM me and I'll provide details.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List