Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-things Malkoff Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It occurs to me that it is bordering on a dick move to not post this link:

https://tacticalsportsgear.com/colle...-bk-flashlight

(free shipping too!)

Along with this one:

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...-etc-6-9-volts

(I like the warm tint, for the vintage 6P feel)
    Oh yeah! I need to grab a few 6Ps myself.

Pssst...this drop-in will provides about 600 lumens on a single 16650 with a nice, long decline down to 3 volts before it shuts off. Gene updated the circuitry but never updated the specs on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Oh yeah! I need to grab a few 6Ps myself.

Pssst...this drop-in will provides about 600 lumens on a single 16650 with a nice, long decline down to 3 volts before it shuts off. Gene updated the circuitry but never updated the specs on the website.
    That is good info.

If I weren't needing to seriously watch my budget right now, I would buy 3-4 of those 6Ps.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Though it's a Bodyguard head in this photo, an E2 Hyper Throw/Scout M600 head and E-series tailcap on Arisaka body and mount would be an awesome rifle WML setup;

MD3 - M91B light riding in my new horizontal light carrier. I posted my initial impressions on this light carrier (and additional photos) here.

MD3 - M91B light riding in my new horizontal light carrier. I posted my initial impressions on this light carrier (and additional photos) here.

Nice set-up......Hope the Mods make this thread a sticky since lights are an integral part of daily tasks. I contacted @ NH Shooter to seek info on Malkoff Devices since I had many questions about the product(s) since navigating the Malkoff website was a challenge for me at least. I told him what my light use was to be used for (Entry on search warrants, crime scene gathering) and he responded quickly with his expertise, we exchanged emails and had phone conversation for over an hour. The man knows his illumination information. Highly recommend NH Shooter & his knowledge. NH Shooter provided me the links needed to order from the Malkoff website. Nice to be able to talk with someone who's passionate about illumination.

I ordered the M91-T head, MD3 body. It arrived yesterday, and is outstanding to say the least, that exudes quality. The white light completely overwhelms my Surefire Tactical Fury single stage, and offers a brighter, whiter tint, better throw.

Thanks NH Shooter for your time, effort, knowledge sharing to help me with this purchase. Again, Mods please make this a sticky to help other P-F members. This sticky would cover all tasks lighting, across many manufacturers, comparisons and answer many questions we are looking for.
    Last edited by HALO51; 11-24-2019 at 10:15 AM.

@HALO51, my pleasure - I hope the light serves you well!

@NH Shooter,

Ordered the Bodyguard. Appreciate the suggestion. Will let you know how it works out.

Is it at all possible to determine the model of a Malkoff head from visual inspection? I've got an Arisaka 600 I bought used and have zero clue what head it currently has on.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Is it at all possible to determine the model of a Malkoff head from visual inspection? I've got an Arisaka 600 I bought used and have zero clue what head it currently has on.
    I would start with the voltage range listed on the head, narrow it down a little. From there look if it has a reflector or TIR lens. I'm not sure if there's much else to do other than compare its beam to know output lights.

You're saying that the M91B can be run with voltages well below 4.0 V? Those specs are way different than what is currently listed on the Malkoff website. What is the minimum voltage at which the dropin is still in regulation? Website says out of regulation below 5.5, turns off below 4.5. Your info would mean I can also run it with 2xCR123?

User Tag List